Survival Week- 2/22 to 2/26

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survival Week- 2/22 to 2/26

Time to really rough it out. Things aren't looking so good for Grok. Winter's coming and food is getting scarce.

Guidelines:

1) No alcohol, dairy, chocolate, or "treats."

2) Carbs below 50.

3) IF one meal per day.

3b) Or try going Carnivore.

4) Use only what you already have in your kitchen. No new groceries.

How many can you follow? Can you take them all on at the same time? Can you survive?

My focus this week is to cut out the chocolate and the dairy.

Comment

My focus this week is to avoid treats and dairy.

I'm going to go all in, so this will be my first true survival week!

The more I see the less I know for sure.
      -John Lennon

Comment

bump for those who haven't seen the thread yet.

Comment

I'm in

I have supplies in the freezer, it's just a case of being organised *shock, horror*

No treats

No new groceries

IF x 1 a day

Carbs <50

Comment

Is it too late for me to join in here?

Comment

not too late! we don&#39;t start till tomorrow (monday). but you can join any point during the week or modify however you want.

Comment

Great! Then I am in as well.

1) No alcohol, chocolate or "treats"

2) Carbs below 50 (which means I have to start tracking so no more being lazy about that.)

Comment

I&#39;m game! Swift kick in the butt needed since I had a naughty weekend.

1) No new groceries (works out, Im trying to save money anyways).

2) No alcohol (no problem), treats (almond/coconut butter, chocolate, sugar), no dairy (will have lone tea/coffee).

3) IF one meal per day (Carnivore, baby!)

Its gonna be a good week.

Comment

OKie doke... I am in...

No new groceries, Done... (Shopping day is Friday anywho)

No chocolate or treats (I can do this... what else is a treat...?)

I don&#39;t know how to count carbs when all I eat are whole foods... but I can try and find a way to stay under 50.

we will start there. I will see how I feel about dairy on Wed. I plan to slowly cut down to a glass of milk every 2-3 days (I AM A MILK DRINKER!) so yeah... I have done it before... i can damned well do it again.

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

DC I wasn&#39;t going to join in this week, but I&#39;m feeling like it today. I don&#39;t have any chocolate, I&#39;m IFifg (I guess) until dinner today, and I already bought groceries so it works! I might even be able to avoid the large chunk of gouda in my fridge if I commit to this for the week

B: IF

L: IF

D: Book club dinner, will be gluten free, but I might have to have some dessert to be polite (hostess is making a "gluten free" dessert so that I can have some too...I hope it&#39;s not some kind of cake made with quinoa flour or anything like that, I don&#39;t even like cake...)

WO: Running on the treadmill...when oh when will the snow be gone???

You are what you eat,
                      and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

this is my first legit all primal survival week. i didn&#39;t buy any greek yogurt this week. i really really want to be successful this week since i managed to go through a jar of tahini in 3.5 days lol oops!

i&#39;m not going to do any 24hr IFs since i had one last week. i will:

1. keep carbs under 50g

2. no dairy

3. no treats

4. shred 2x this week

5. IF&#39;ing breakfast today (monday)

Comment

I had a splash of milk when a colleague made our cups of tea

Otherwise, nuked eggs and chorizo for lunch, roast carrots wih smoked trout for dinner.

So far Fitday says cals 775

fat - 42.1

carbs - 22.6

protein - 74.1

No idea what to have tomorrow, I&#39;m out driving, I may have to "hunt" a rotisserie chicken... Or run over a pheasant, haha!

Comment

So I started yesterday, I&#39;m such a keener! lol

I IF&#39;d until after hula hoopin&#39; class (what a fun workout!!!) and then feasted on eggs on a cloud with tons of spicy hollandaise, and a really neat new side dish I&#39;m totally diggin&#39;.

I cut bacon into small peices and cook. Then throw in a bunch of cubed up mushrooms (yesterday I had some lovely shitakes) add a little butter if the mushrooms seem dry, then cook. Add tons of minced garlic, turn up the heat and throw in a splash of white wine. Let wine reduce, throw in a bunch of baby spinach, let it wilt, salt and pepper and serve. Mmmmmmmmmmm it&#39;s so heavenly.

Today, I&#39;m going to scarf the leftover mushrooms with some shrimp in them, head to yoga class and then not sure on dinner because it&#39;s little monkey&#39;s actual birthday. We&#39;ll see.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
                            -John Lennon

Comment

I failed... I had a treat today, I had a yummy burger(no bun) from fudruckers with cheese and bacon on it and mayo and lettuce... and a side of chili cheese fries...

Oh well still happy as a clam, though feeling a bit tired!

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X