No announcement yet.

Do you eat cinnamon? How?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like mixing equal parts cinnamon and cayenne powder to coat any kind of roasted veggies, especially squash. But tossing any fresh veggies with some olive oil and black pepper with that spice combo then roasting turns out so nice.

Comment

if you take coffee, put some ground cinnamon in with the coffee grounds (just a teaspoon or two) as it's brewing - it adds a delicious flavor note and depth to the coffee.

I used to make turkey tacos with ground turkey + cinnamon + cumin, topped with salsa. Obviously now taco shells are out, but the flavor was very good with the turkey and salsa. I always served it with broccoli too. Mmm.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Also cinnamon is DELICIOUS on berries and whipped (unsweetened) cream.

Or on cooked apples. I don't like it on raw apples, but cooked apples (cooked in bacon grease) + cinnamon = love.

Or stirred into yogurt or applesauce.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

I use cinnamon in my chili, but then, my chili is a hybrid of Tex-Mex and Indian spices, so you're mileage may vary. I do love to use cinnamon as a complement to any kind of heat, though. One of my go to dishes is "Meatchiladas" (I cook ground meat formed into tubes and top it with sauce and cheese), and use cinnamon in my sauce.

Comment

It's part of five-spice powder, which is good for a lot of different dishes.

Comment

CINNAMON CHALLENGE! Eat a full tablespoon of cinnamon without coughing any out. Apparently its supposed to be impossible, but I just successfully did it tonight...my friends were quite impressed and a little disappointed that they didn't get to see a plume of cinnamon come out my nose. Haha

Comment

@FNW Apples? Cooked in bacon fat? My mind, I think, has broken.

Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
                Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
                I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

Comment

Try warm spiced stews / soups / Moroccan tagines / old English recipes?

Comment

Does it do any good at "sprinkle" doses? Sure, it tastes good, but are there any benefits at those levels? (Not counting Funkadelic Flash's power ingestion!)

Comment

yogurt, apples, lamb (not necessary all together)

Comment

Mix it in with almond butter.

If you eat dairy, it's great mixed in with plain yogurt. If you add a sprinkle of roasted nuts with it, all the better.

I second the nod to Saigon Cinnamon.

Comment

I mix cinnamon in with my greek yogurt and walnuts. It's like a dessert.

Comment

another nod for Vietnamese Cinnamon (Penzeys). such intense flavor. I add it to my uncereal in the mornings (nuts, seeds, ground flax, berries or banana with coconut milk) and so many other things as well. it really helps control sugar cravings for me. i also love to stir it into nut butters.

Comment

I put cinnamon in my coffee. Also, I sprinkle it on things like bananas if/when I fry them up.

One of my favorite kind of weird snacks, as someone mentioned before, is cinnamon eggs. Really good if you add a little vanilla extract... pretty much a desert!

Comment

It's also in the Primal Trail Mix recipe that was posted a couple of weeks ago -- great stuff! (I cut the honey to a tablespoon and cut the salt in half -- carbs were too high for someone -- me -- trying to lose weight with the amount of honey in the recipe; it's still plenty sweet...)

Comment

Working...
                                X