I didn't want to hijack the thread this was originally posted on, so I'm quoting it here:
In the thread "Meals per day", Conan said:
> Below is a typical day for me:
> 8:00 - 1 extra large omega 3 egg, 1 cup of egg whites
> 9:30 - half of an avocado
> 12:00 - 6 oz. salmon, 1 cup asparagus or broccoli
> 1:30 - 10 strawberries, .5 cup blueberries
> 3:00 - 1 oz. almonds
> 4:00 - 1 apple
> 5:00 - 4 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
> 6:30 - Huge salad with salmon and shrimp
> 9:30 - Whey protein shake with almond milk
I'm intrigued by your typical day's food. You seem to be quite low fat (compared to many others on here). And your fat is all from nuts, avos or salmon.
- Are you intentionally trying to eat less fat as well as less carbs? Why not more whole eggs? Why skinless chicken? Why breast?
- What dressing do you use on your salad? Olive oil?
- Do you eat beef or pork?
- Are you following a more Cordain like approach?
- You must be getting most of your calories from protein, no? Overall, it seems like not a lot of calories, especially if you're trying to build muscle.
- Has it been working for you? For how long?
I'm just trying to get an idea of various "styles" or paleo/primal that people are using. I've been doing a higher-fat version (lots of whole eggs, bacon and other fatty meats like pork ribs, etc.) But I seem to be stalled, unable to get rid of the last bit of "stubborn fat" on my lower abs (probably just 3-5 pounds of it), and unable to increase muscle size/strength. So I thought I might "mix it up a bit".