Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hungrier in the evening after eating breakfast..?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is because without food, your body goes into a sympathetic state where it in the absence of calories for fuel it starts cranking out adrenalin and cortisol. These hormones blunt feelings of hunger and make you feel alert and energetic. This is why most feel great when IFing. However this is not a good state to be in, long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
      It is because without food, your body goes into a sympathetic state where it in the absence of calories for fuel it starts cranking out adrenalin and cortisol. These hormones blunt feelings of hunger and make you feel alert and energetic. This is why most feel great when IFing. However this is not a good state to be in, long term.
      Don't forget increased growth hormone (lean mass sparing), reduced insulin, and increased oxidation of fat. Its not all doom and gloom and there is actually no evidence that IF'ing every single day would be detrimental. In fact, seems the evidence is quite to the contrary and dependent on your current metabolic state. You should give the Pklopp IF'ing series a read, or even his blog Cogito Ergo Edo | I think, therefore, I eat! | Cogito Ergo Edo.

Comment

I said long term. I dont see anything wrong with up to 16 hours as long as one is metabolically healthy.

And i will give that blog a read, thanks.
        Last edited by Zach; 12-02-2012, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Even protein spikes insulin a little bit. And the more insulin spikes you have, the more blood sugar flowing through your body, the hungrier in general people seem to be.

Granted, this is seen in exaggerated measure in the "must eat every two hours or suffer debilitating blood sugar crash" CW-eating crowd, but it makes sense to me that everyone would suffer from this to some extent.

It's one reason why IFs can help curb hunger. Lower blood sugar, fewer insulin spikes, and all.
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Adirondack Chairs- Home Decor Ideas. Online shopping for unique and beautiful interior design kitchen bathroom accessories and products. Rustic timber mirrors, door knobs, indoor and outdoor furniture
            Adirondack Chairs

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
              Probably explains why I gained weight IFing! Mark's posted on this in several places including: https://www.marksdailyapple.com/wome...ttent-fasting/
              My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

Working...
              X