Giving Up Carb Binges Once and For All

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    What is healthier than fruit except perhaps some veggies? Fruits have vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants. They give us energy and satisfaction. Fruit is amazingly nutritious and I'm not sure how long you could not eat it for and stay healthy. LOL, scurvy anyone? You'd think fruit was the equivalent of a McDonald's Caramal sundae the way some people treat it. For all that *may* be bad about it, there is so much more good about it!

Fruit is every bit as good for your body as meat and vegetables.
    That's just it--people forego fruit and eat meat and vegetables only, not necessarily better or worse, but because it's perceived as better because of fructose. That's why I put it in quotations. "healthier."

No, you won't get scurvy from foregoing fruit.
    Last edited by kcarol; 03-01-2012, 10:07 AM.

Comment

What is healthier than fruit except perhaps some veggies? Fruits have vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants. They give us energy and satisfaction. Fruit is amazingly nutritious and I'm not sure how long you could not eat it for and stay healthy. LOL, scurvy anyone? You'd think fruit was the equivalent of a McDonald's Caramal sundae the way some people treat it. For all that *may* be bad about it, there is so much more good about it!

Fruit is every bit as good for your body as meat and vegetables.
      Actually, you can go forever without fruit and be just fine.
      Fighting Primal - A Savage Performance and Recovery Blog for Primal Combat Athletes

Comment

After you purge your pantry try intermittent fasting. Eat as primal as possible in a 5 hour window and fast the other 19 hours.
        Fast 5 pdf:
        PDF Ebook The Fast-5 Diet and the Fast-5 Lifestyle | Free PDF Ebooks Files @AcrobatPlanet.Com

Comment

Actually, you can go forever without fruit and be just fine.
          And I know people who have gone forever without meat or fish and they are fine. I know a woman, she's probably 80 by now....has been a vegetarian since her 20's. Lovely, healthy and with it woman.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

And I know people who have gone forever without meat or fish and they are fine. I know a woman, she's probably 80 by now....has been a vegetarian since her 20's. Lovely, healthy and with it woman.
            +1

Comment

There are some really good advice on here.

I feel for you. I binged for like 4 months and it really sucked.

But yeah, maybe you need more carbs? The leptin reset might help too. I'm not following the leptin reset exaclty. But ever since I've been eating 3 times a day with the meals 4 or 5 hours apart, no snacking, no food after 6pm, I've had no binge urges. Thank you GOD! And I even eat fruit. Like 2 to 3 servings everyday.

Have you read Mindful Eating: The Art of Being Present at the Dinner Table yet?
              Read more: Mindful Eating: The Art of Being Present at the Dinner Table | Mark's Daily Apple

I read The Beck Diet Solution. It helped.

I actually weighed myself everyday. I worked on letting go of the feelings I was feeling when I saw the number. Letting go can be difficult, it takes practice. I'm still weighing myself everyday and it's not messing me up.

I read The Beck Diet Solution. It helped.

I actually weigh myself everyday. I worked on letting go of the feelings I was feeling when I saw the number. Letting go can be difficult, it takes practice. I'm still weighing myself everyday and it's not messing me up.

I'm reading Change Anything by Kerry Patterson. It is teaching me how to not fall into the "willpower trap". It's not only about losing weight by the way. Great book.

Good luck!

Comment

Fill yourself up with appropriate foods. I find if I'm at my parents house, and I'm hungry, its very hard to resist snacking on non ideal foods like peanut butter with hydrogenated fats or milk chocolate. So as long as I'm full of something else, its much easier to ignore.
                http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Working...
                X