who does Fast-5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who does Fast-5?

im starting this today as im facing a slow plateau ...

my normal IFing is from afternoon until the next morning .. trying to mix it up on my body and go Fast-5 style IF with eating afternoon/nights only .... my 5 hour window will be something like 4-9 (i work til 8pm) ..

anyone having success with this?
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

When I do it. yes, I have success. Have you read the book yet? If not, please do~ it explained so many of my problems, like why I can't stop eating once I start~ breakfast isn't something that 'keeps me satisfied' until afternoon~ even pure protein like eggs or meat has me back foraging in the kitchen for something else every half hour or so. Also, food doesn't give me energy~ after a meal, I get so tired, have brain fog, just want to nap. Better at the end of the day when I'm winding down anyway.

Have been slacking off lately and I feel like crap, weight loss totally halted, regained some water weight ~ Getting back on track starting NOW!!!

Comment

nice ... and i havent read the book .. id love to but my budget isnt allowing for book purchases lately .. thats part of why my local primal friends are trying to create a "library" of sorts we can all share

Comment

I'm curious as to what exactly is the "fast-5"!?

Comment

Originally posted by touchdowntodd View Post
          nice ... and i havent read the book .. id love to but my budget isnt allowing for book purchases lately .. thats part of why my local primal friends are trying to create a "library" of sorts we can all share
          It's free~ just register and you can download it or read it onsite (PDF) I printed out two copies and then gave them both away. Finally bought the book~ but it's there for free!

Fast-5 Life
          Last edited by Nady; 02-29-2012, 10:09 AM.

Comment

how did i never see that?

THANKS!

Comment

Been doing fast 5 for the last year with a 5-10 eating window. at first I was eating my normal sad diet and it helped a little....but once I went primal, the fat just melted off. I found that I dont even really get hungry(stomach growling, have to eat hunger)until about 6:30.

Comment

yeah 5-10 sounds good, but might be a little late for me .. im trying 4-9 today .. who knows.. might work out!

ive obviously come a long way, but i need to mix it up on my body to get the rest of this weight off me

Comment

i do "sort of" fast 5. fast between 16 and 20h, but most days it is 19/5. i have diner between 7 and 8 and then try to fast until 3/4 the next day, working out around 1. on weekends i just eat as i feel, but mostly i don't eat before 12 and i have my diner a bit earlyer than during the week.

i love it! it's the first time for along time that actually something really works for me, something i can keep up, and i loose weight (after trying everything, i have pcos so that was always a dificult part for me). but's not only that, i have much more energy, better concentration at work, my workouts are harder and better (fasted) and iam in a great mood...

there are a lots of free informations and ebook around. also check out leangains, its pretty similar to fast 5.

7/14: 156 lbs.
                  weight in's:

7/17: 153.5 lbs.
                  7/18: 152.5 lbs.

goalweight: 130 lbs.

Comment

yeah leangains is cool .. i will be using his techniques more when im closer to goal weight and really wanna trim down

Comment

I have been doing fast-5 for three weeks and I love it. It seems to be the first thing that has broken through my fat loss and 'leaning out' plateau as well as my chronic congestion. Strange that NOT eating was the ticket, but seriously - this seems to work well (for me anyway).

I don't think you have anything to lose by giving it a shot.

Comment

I have dabbled in it before, nothing long enough to chart progress though. I'm fairly close to my goal weight though, maybe 6-8 pounds away. We usually eat around noon then again at about 4:30 p.m. (due to our schedule) then my husband has something again around 10 p.m. when he gets home from class (but he's trying to GAIN weight so...lol) he has about a 10 hour window, mine has been around 5 hours or so. I'll update with progress when/if I have some, I was eating again late around 10 p.m. with him too up until this week so I've just now sort of cut out that last late meal or snack that I would have had and essentially gone down to the shorter window. Good luck I look forward to hearing your progress and others as well!!

Comment

first day or two feelin great already! waking up less bloated for some reason? but LOVING it ...

Comment

I always try to keep my eating window to 8 hours as I just feel better overall. I think since i'm going to try and do something closer to 19/5 to lean out that last little bit. Everyone seems to have success with it to some extent.

I'm curious though, how does the body respond when converting back to a more "normal" eating window of 8 - 12 hours? I wouldn't want to put weight on, I'm guessing a gradual approach would be necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by evertastica View Post
                              I always try to keep my eating window to 8 hours as I just feel better overall. I think since i'm going to try and do something closer to 19/5 to lean out that last little bit. Everyone seems to have success with it to some extent.

I'm curious though, how does the body respond when converting back to a more "normal" eating window of 8 - 12 hours? I wouldn't want to put weight on, I'm guessing a gradual approach would be necessary.
                              Can't speak for others, but for me, all through my teens, twentys, early thirtys, this was the way I just naturally ate~ but I was also very interested in health and nutrition~ so I stupidly listened to CW *Breakfast is the most important meal* and all those *research studies show* propaganda. And that was the beginning of my weight problems. It didn't help that as I approached 40, my metabolism was slowing down and with the push to eat often and low fat/high carb, the weight just kept creeping up. There were a few other dietary oopses that added even more weight, and then the *coup de grāce* menopause

Looking back, I can see how I failed~ listening to 'experts' instead of the ultimate authority, my own body! Well, I'm back on track and paying attention. I want my body back! And I plan on eating the Fast-5 way for the rest of my life~ it's my "normal".

Comment

Working...
                              X