No announcement yet.

who does Fast-5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To anyone that hasn't dabbled in the 24-36 hour range yet, I encourage you to try it out. It almost feels like I'm on a high when I start to hit that point. Love it.

Comment

• Hi everyone. I'm an experienced Paleo eater who is trying Fast 5 to lose some weight. Today is my 5th day with an eating window from 4-9p.m. I am still starting to lose concentration and feel pretty darn hungry around 2 every day. I'd love some feedback about how long I can expect this to continue. I felt great this morning but it faded and I'm still waiting for that all-day energy high!

Thanks.

Comment

• "Fast 5"...is that what it's called? Seems like every damn time I identify a hack that works for me, someone's got to go slapping a label on it.
        6' 2" | Age: 42 | SW: 341 | CW: 198 | GW: 180?

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
        ― Søren Kierkegaard

Comment

• Originally posted by Kimmy36 View Post
          Hi everyone. I'm an experienced Paleo eater who is trying Fast 5 to lose some weight. Today is my 5th day with an eating window from 4-9p.m. I am still starting to lose concentration and feel pretty darn hungry around 2 every day. I'd love some feedback about how long I can expect this to continue. I felt great this morning but it faded and I'm still waiting for that all-day energy high!

Thanks.
          Start your window at 2:00-7:00. In a few days, make it 2:30-7:30~ then 3:00-8:00. By that time, it's your choice if you want to take it later~ if 30 min. increments are too difficult, do 15 min. There isn't any rush and you don't even need to change it if you're more comfortable having an earlier window.

Comment

• I might do this, but my window will have to be earlier as I go to Crossfit at 6.30pm, and don't eat too close. Am thinking 11-4 maybe.
            It will still work won't it?

Comment

• Thanks, Nady! I was trying to "train" myself for 4-9 because my husband doesn't get home until 7 and we usually eat around 7:30. But there is no reason I can't work up to 7. Any feedback on how long it might take to get the amazing, non-hungry energy?

Thanks again.

Comment

• Ok, today the headache started and I find myself thinking about what I will eat when my window open...hmmm the scale at the docs was not kind. Can not wait to see the results kick in.
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Are people in this thread still working out and how does fast-5 effect your workouts? If you choose a later window like 4-9 or 5-10, is it hard to workout in the morning? Do you feel hungrier if you workout vs not working out?

Comment

• i workout after my eating window and feel fine. I don;t need to eat afterwards.

Comment

• I usually lift around 12-1PM, then go about the rest of my day and eat around 6PM. Martin Berkhan recommends a Branch Chain Amino Acid supplement every other hour if you do that. I've tried it both ways and I don't really think it's necessary. Enhanced protein synthesis persists up to 24 hours after heavy lifting anyways.

Comment

• So strange happening and thought I would ask what I might have done wrong..

Ate at @ 7:30 last night.coffee with hwc this morning(I am in day 6), 12:30 this afternoon..dizzy kinds blanked for a min. bought fell on my ass..so the fast was only about 17 hours. I ate some protein and guac. I feel better but what the hell? I have not done this in the past.
                        Karin

Comment

• Takes time for your body to get used to a lack of food. Also, it's important that if you're fasting for long periods that you are eating enough during your feeding window. If not, you're likely just suffering from under-nutrition and you really are just hungry and need to eat more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kilian View Post
                            Takes time for your body to get used to a lack of food. Also, it's important that if you're fasting for long periods that you are eating enough during your feeding window. If not, you're likely just suffering from under-nutrition and you really are just hungry and need to eat more.
                            this is interesting.. I was just beginning to feel the "signs of hunger" before it happened but wow.. it just kinda hit. I try and make sure I am getting all of my calories, protein etc. in the window. Shoot I even ate a *shhh* sweet tater yesterday..LOL
                            OMG.. it was so good. VLC for too long..
                            Karin

Comment

• cant wait for the pics to come up!
                              started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Comment

• What I love about IF is that you actually bank days over time, which creates an effortless deficit. I figure if the average person does an 8-12 hour daily fast between their last meal and breakfast, and I typically do 18-hour IFs, over the course of 7 days I have an additional 42 hours or so (1.75 days) that I haven't eaten. So, if my eating window is ~6 hours and I shoot for 2500 calories, it averages out to ~1785/day.
                                | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X