Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how'd it go Nady?!?!!?!?

anyone else lovin this?
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Comment

Holding~ but I think I look slimmer. Had a totally awesome Cobb salad yesterday~ I think I have a new favorite

How are you doing?

Comment

I love the longer fast- am trying to rearrange my schedule to make this my system for the summer.

Comment

im doin AWESOME .. dropped 4lbs first week ... hoping to continue .. a little tough from say 3-5pm, but my body will adjust .. i SURE love eating lots at night! LOL

Comment

I downloaded the ebook and read about half of it so far. I guess I don't feel ready to commit to eating only once a day as a permanent way of life. I haven't read the whole book but right now I'm under the impression that if you can get down to your ideal weight following fast 5--which for me is 115, a weight I was at ONCE when I was 16 and eating 500 calories a day--you have to do fast 5 permanently to keep it off. I'm not sure I want to make that kind of commitment. I might rather just be happy with whatever a basic primal blueprint plan can get for me. According to BMI calculators, right now I'm at 23.6% and at 115lbs I'd be at 20.4% and I'm not sure so much logistical difficulty would be worth a 3% difference. I don't mind fasting from time to time, but making it a permanent way of life does not appeal to me right now.
            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

well its not for everyone

that being said keep reading .. it doesnt have to be 7 days a week .. it can be 2, 3, 5 whatever works ...

and who said eating only once a day? I have a couple meals in that 5 hours!

Comment

I think I am going to start daily IF. Last week I did 4 days (skipping breaky), but the three days I ate normally I felt kinda off, especially the last day. I am still amazed at how much I am not struggling not eating till 12. Yesterday I was later eating due to a meeting, and coped fine. Pre-primal, I'd have been beside myself with hunger getting all antsy.

Unfortunately I haven't seen any weight loss - I thought I'd lost a kilo, but it's back. The three month plateau continues...

Comment

I guess I figured if I had an open window to eat from 5 to 10pm, since I usually fall asleep in the 8 o'clock hour sometime, my actual window is 5-8 and since I don't want to eat up until the minute I doze off, my eating window would end around 7pm. And since I work 8-5, my actual window wouldn't start until 6pm or so. So my actual eating window would just be dinnertime.

What I can do is skip breakfast, skip breakfast and lunch or skip lunch. Maybe once in a while skip dinner. That's all I will commit to.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                    I guess I figured if I had an open window to eat from 5 to 10pm, since I usually fall asleep in the 8 o'clock hour sometime, my actual window is 5-8 and since I don't want to eat up until the minute I doze off, my eating window would end around 7pm. And since I work 8-5, my actual window wouldn't start until 6pm or so. So my actual eating window would just be dinnertime.

What I can do is skip breakfast, skip breakfast and lunch or skip lunch. Maybe once in a while skip dinner. That's all I will commit to.
                    I don't know if what I do negates the whole process, but instead of having my eating window 5-10 (I also can't eat up to/past me bedtime), I make mine 12-5. So I eat lunch and an early tea. Sometimes life will get in the way and dinner won't be till 6, but hey, that's life. I don't know how sensitive this whole thing it exactl timing - i.e., if you eat over a 6 hour window occasionally is the whole thing wrecked?

Comment

agreed, why not just adjust when the 5 hour window is?

if youre in bed at 8 why not go 2pm-7pm?

Comment

I usually do a 3-8 or 4-9 window~ I just can't eat so late. This gives me time for a late 'lunch' and a reasonable dinner. Very seldom do I eat just dinner, although it has become easier to 'forget' to eat the (snack) lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nady View Post
                          I usually do a 3-8 or 4-9 window~ I just can't eat so late. This gives me time for a late 'lunch' and a reasonable dinner. Very seldom do I eat just dinner, although it has become easier to 'forget' to eat the (snack) lunch.
                          I like that. I might start slowly trying to push lunch/breakfast back. I suppose it's best to have the timing as close to what the program specifies as possible.

Comment

This is really interesting to me.

After the first 5 or 6 months of eating Primal, I've had trouble with wanting to eat pretty much all day long. Not just that, but I work out in the field, and I'd pass on a cooler full of healthy food sitting right next to me so I could get my hands on some gas station crap.

I'm thinking that bypassing the food altogether, at least until I get home around 3pm, might not be a bad idea. I'd definitely have to alter the hours, more like 3pm-8pm because I start work at 6am so I'm pretty much in bed by 8:00. And once I got to where I wanted, Sunday mornings would have to be an "off day" because that's the one time I have with The Boyfriend that's kind of a tradition. We already messed with it when I went Primal by not eating the amazing biscuits with sausage gravy he makes - I'd hate to ditch it completely. But all the other days would be fine, and I could go all week for a couple of months or so.

Hmmm. This is definitely a possibility.
                            Durp.

Comment

go for it! its been working well for me but i might switch from 5-10 to 4-9 .. we will see .. i might also move to just 5 days a week .. when im off with the wife this becomes much harder LOL

Comment

Originally posted by touchdowntodd View Post
                                agreed, why not just adjust when the 5 hour window is?

if youre in bed at 8 why not go 2pm-7pm?
                                I guess I am pretty stupid for getting hung up on the hours. I think I will try this for a week. Only trouble is I am pretty hooked on coffee and don't like it black. Or tea. Caffeine pills? Cold turkey plus tons of ibuprofen?

Comment

Working...
                                X