who does Fast-5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by touchdowntodd View Post
    first day or two feelin great already! waking up less bloated for some reason? but LOVING it ...
    I'm down a pound~ I know it's just water, but it feels good just the same!

Comment

I've been eating high calorie lately without much waist line consequences thanks to Fast 5. I've also mixed in some Atkins Fat Fast days but am planning to go on Fast 5 most of the time over the summer.

I don't think the pdf at the site works:
      PDF Ebook The Fast-5 Diet and the Fast-5 Lifestyle | Free PDF Ebooks Files @AcrobatPlanet.Com

I ate Zone type mini meals for about a decade, kind of messed up my body some and last year when I tried to fix was not able to so yeah I'm back to what almost looks like bingeing some days and I'm sooo freaking happy.

Comment

Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
        I've been eating high calorie lately without much waist line consequences thanks to Fast 5. I've also mixed in some Atkins Fat Fast days but am planning to go on Fast 5 most of the time over the summer.

I don't think the pdf at the site works:
        PDF Ebook The Fast-5 Diet and the Fast-5 Lifestyle | Free PDF Ebooks Files @AcrobatPlanet.Com

I ate Zone type mini meals for about a decade, kind of messed up my body some and last year when I tried to fix was not able to so yeah I'm back to what almost looks like bingeing some days and I'm sooo freaking happy.
        I was just there~ you need to be regestered and logged in~ or maybe your Adobe reader needs to be updated?

ETA~ I see the the problem~ start here Welcome to the Fast-5 website | Fast-5 Life and regester~ you can dowwnload from the site.
        Last edited by Nady; 03-01-2012, 11:48 AM.

Comment

hey a pound is a pound! water weight or not, no garantee it will come back

im hoping by next weigh in on monday im down a little .. i seem to be losing a couple pounds a week and then a week with no loss, then back to a couple lbs .. so im hoping this gives me a pound or two on the weeks that were inactive prior ..

i still have 20 or so to lose! came a long way but not giving up yet!
          started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Comment

I've been thinking and to me it seems much more natural to eat this way, plus its convenient. But also, I feel like this is binge-like eating. Am I wrong? I mean non harmful foods but a lot of it over the course of 3 or 4 hours. Would this explain why a large number of people occasionally "binge" ...is it a natural tendency? I like eating this way because it lets me satisfy my binge-like tendency without feeling guilty.

Sorry this may be off topic slightly. Also does this put people into ketosis even if they aren't necessarily VLC?

Comment

I have, on occasion, thrown caution to the wind and had a 'free' day ~ anything I wanted during my window~ pretty much always sorry afterwards~ most times, the indulgences didn't taste the way I remembered or my body had a hissy fit usually starting with a Maalox nightcap Sort of keeps you in line after awhile

As far as ketosis~ I don't know~ stopped being obsessed with those expensive little sticks a long time ago.

Comment

I do leangains style with a 6-8 hour window almost everyday. I still managed to put on weight hahaha.. so I finally did my first 24hr fast after 7 months..and it went well well enough to where I'm ready to do 2 24 hour fasts a week again. I prefer lunch->lunch so I'm pretty well fed during working hours.
                Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

;0) good conversation

Comment

I started Fast Five after I hit a plateau... not gaining, but not losing either, so I thought I'd try shaking things up a bit and forcing the fat-burner. If I have one. Judging from my lack of progress lately, I'm not sure.

My current window is 0730 to 1230 or thereabouts - I'm not too scientific about it. For example, today because of a meeting I ate lunch late and I didn't freak out about it or anything. Work out in evening, go to bed. If I get so hungry that I can't stand it/am feeling lightheaded, I eat. I'm hungry in the evenings (it's not torturous) BUT, and this is a big but, I sleep a lot better than if I ate. Then I wake up and don't want breakfast, haha so breakfast is small (1 or 2 eggs, coffee). I think lunch is going to be my "pig-out" meal.

I would eat in the evenings, but eating after 5 p.m. usually means I'll be up all night with killer acid reflux.

Comment

I've been doing a combination of different Intermittent Fasting strategies - 8/16 is my standard fall back, but some days I have a 3-6 hour eating window, or I do a 24h dinner-to-dinner fast. After a few months of eating this way, I tried to mix it up by going back to the conventional 3 meals with snacking in between - whoa, my body did not like that one bit. I became obsessed with food all day, constantly thinking about my next snack, always feeling hungry and feeling the itch to eat even when I knew I should be satiated. With a small window and defined meals (no snacking) I can eat my big ass meal and then forget about food and hunger for most of the day.

It's ironic that such a 'restricted' way of eating actually feels so much freer - no more food obsession!

Comment

bump ..

lovin this so far .. no weigh in until monday .. ill have 5 days or so down by then.. we shall see!

Comment

I'm not doing the fast 5, but I recently started doing a ~17hour fast four days per week. Basically Tuesday-Fri I don't eat from dinner till lunch the next day. I am finding on the three meal days (sat, sun, mon), and I am so FULL on what used to only just satisfy me, and yesterday I actually didn't finish my dinner. This is completely unheard of for me, even eating fully primal I'd always finish. I don't know what it is about the fasts - maybe my stomach is shrinking, but i've lost a kilo too (after 3 months of nothing). I think in a few weeks I am going to add another day of no breakfast.

Comment

update :::

5 days in .. and even after a small amount of dairy and sugar im down 4lbs total ... crazy, im back on the weight loss train! this is just what my body needed to mix it up, and i LOVE eating at night i eat 1.5 meals and feel like i got to pig out! the fat kid still in me LOVES That feeeling nightly!

Comment

Five days in.
                              I'm doing the classic 5pm-10pm eating window thing.
                              I only weighed myself yesterday for the first time, so I'm not sure what (if anything) has happened to my weight.
                              I'll weigh myself again next week some time.

Right now...
                              Hungry during the day (unless I'm distracted or drinking black coffee), but not so much as to break the fast.
                              My dinner is a little larger than it was, but I'm trying not to pig out insanely. Just go for 'sated.'
                              I don't worry about post-dinner snacks (cheese, more meat) and stop eating/drinking by 10pm.

Even though I'm not hungry when I go to bed, I dream about eating. That's a little odd.

Comment

Tomorrow is the 'official' weigh-in~ I never count Monday morning weight since I tend to eat more on the weekend. So, we'll see

Reading the What do you dislike most about going Primal? thread clued me in on Chebe bread mix~ found some locally and plan to make burger buns this week. I miss holding a thick juicy bacon cheeseburger~ eating it with a fork just isn't as much fun. We'll see if the carbs are a factor on Fast-5. I'm hoping not~

Comment

Working...
                                X