No announcement yet.

who does Fast-5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in- going to give it a try. I've been reading the thread and Fast 5 makes sense for me. I have no problem IF'ing, but once I start eating, it's hard to stop, I like the idea of eating until I'm full, but having an end time. I don't have a ton of weight to lose, just 5-10 lbs., mostly around the belly. What appeals to me most is that I think this is a lifestyle, along with my Primal eating, that I can sustain for the rest of my life. I know my dh and family are going to be worried about me "starving" myself though, they already think I'm a bit strange for not eating grains. I plan on eating from 1-6, I work out in the mornings so it will be fasted, we'll see how that goes, but I think it should be beneficial for fat burning. It just so happens that I fasted until 1pm today, so I can start the program today- I love it when a plan comes together!

Comment

• This was my 3rd day. I cant remember what I read, do ppl do this every day? For X number of days per week? Once in awhile? When you feel like it?

It is easier than I thought it would be. My window is 1-6. I use to really need/want something mid afternoon even after having lunch, but the mornings I can get along okay and I just get busy doing stuff that lunch is here before I know it.

I never read these fasting threads before. I just always figured there was absolutely no way I ever could ... but I had trained myself that I was suppose to eat 3 meals plus snacks so the thought of 1 or 2 meals per day was just beyond me.
      65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

• i started every day, but i do 4-6 days a week now .. harder when im with the wife because she likes breakfast .. LOL
        started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Comment

• Originally posted by touchdowntodd View Post
          .. harder when im with the wife because she likes breakfast .. LOL
          I know what you mean. DH likes breakfast, and he likes me to fix it for him haha. But it hasn't derail me yet.... YET.... I just make sure I have my BP coffee before I start something for him. This is day 5. Scale has moved down, then up, then down, then up ha. (I know I know, step away from the scale) But -.7 so far but I am still not over my hump.. argghh. I am anxious to see what a week will look like.

Comment

• Ok... So I used to Fast 23hrs everyday. It was awesome not having to worry about food throughout the day, and then just having this big meal. And really I ate a salad, a small handful of nuts, and then a couple of eggs as I cooked the main course. It was fun! But - I met my boyfriend, and he is completely CW! I fell off the wagon, and rolled down the hill into a ditch! We've been going through a rough patch lately, even thinking about going seperate ways for a bit (moving out - trying to date, and clear up the mess?) But really, I think now is the time to get back to how I was eating. I was happy, had fun, and was loosing weight in the process. I'm using this thread as my inspiration pick myself up, dust off, and get back in the game!

Comment

• I started doing it again. Seemed to be popping up everywhere so I took it as a sign that it's something I should try again So far it's going great, it's so much easier when eating Primally!! When I was eating SAD it was quite difficult to fast all day and try not to binge when my window opened up. Question: For those of you with a later eating window how do you handle lunch engagements? I have one today and it's a situation where it would be VERY weird and probably taken as very rude if I decline food. Should I just make my window longer today and end it when I usually would, or close it at around 5 and tomorrow will just be an extra long (and hopefully not too painful) fasting time. Thanks for any help!
              Primal since March 2011
              Fast-5ing since April 2011
              165/159/140

Comment

• Almost a year of doing IF, I can't imagine ever going back to regular meals.

Comment

• I ended up with 15 hours this morning, rather than the 19 because I knew I would be out and about when my window opened and I was afraid of how I might feel, etc. So I ate a late breakfast with DH. But it was 5 days of 19 hours, and then today the 6th day at 15, so I am thinking that is okay.

Comment

• Thanks, that will be my day today too. I normally open my window at 3 but have to open it at noon today. I'm going to try to close it at 5 and not eat again until 3 tomorrow...longer fasting window than normal but three hours shouldn't make that big of a difference. I'll just be sure to save some things to do for tomorrow so I stay really busy
                    Primal since March 2011
                    165/159/140

Comment

• Originally posted by 13blessings View Post
                      I started doing it again. Seemed to be popping up everywhere so I took it as a sign that it's something I should try again So far it's going great, it's so much easier when eating Primally!! When I was eating SAD it was quite difficult to fast all day and try not to binge when my window opened up. Question: For those of you with a later eating window how do you handle lunch engagements? I have one today and it's a situation where it would be VERY weird and probably taken as very rude if I decline food. Should I just make my window longer today and end it when I usually would, or close it at around 5 and tomorrow will just be an extra long (and hopefully not too painful) fasting time. Thanks for any help!
                      You could do either - or. Eat the lunch, and move your window up (say now it's 12-5) or eat the lunch and end your window when you normally do (12-9?). Then just get back to your normal window tomorrow. But make sure your last meal is a lot of fat / protein to hold you over to your next day 'break-fast'

Comment

• So...I'm two months in. My eating window is usually 4pm to 9pm. I don't stress it if it shifts a couple of hours in either direction on any given day.
                        Some days the window isn't much more than however long it takes to eat dinner.

Today I weighed in at 167. Five pounds down from where I was two months ago. And that after a stall lasting at least four months. I'll take it.
                        Fast-5 has become very easy. I can't going back to eating any other way.

Just to be clear...this is Fast-5 combined with a Primal (high fat, almost all from meat) diet. Screw lean meat. Eat the well-marbled stuff.

Comment

• Today was a weigh-in for one of my challenges. -1.8 since I started fasting on last Thursday. Well technically I guess, after dinner at 6pm on Wednesday.

Same 2 pounds I have been gaining and losing and gaining and losing since April 8. I am hoping it is gone for good now. My calories had been on the low side, around 1000 but I tried really hard to pay attention & bump that up so for most of the fast, I have been around 1200 - 1300 (1389).

I have probably already said it, but it was so much easier than I ever thought it would be. Fits my schedule and feels pretty natural.

Comment

• Originally posted by sugarcrystal8 View Post
                            I'm in the exact same boat as you with PCOS. I've been IF/Fast5 for 6 weeks now and it's definitely changed my life too. No shakes from insulin going up and down all day long. I have more energy and think clearer too. It's take a little while but I've hit my first 25 pound weight loss goal. I probably need another 20 to go.
                            I'm PCOS too. This is the way to go for women with this condition, I'm convinced of it!
                            Primal since March 2011
                            165/159/140

Comment

• Originally posted by croí View Post
                              You could do either - or. Eat the lunch, and move your window up (say now it's 12-5) or eat the lunch and end your window when you normally do (12-9?). Then just get back to your normal window tomorrow. But make sure your last meal is a lot of fat / protein to hold you over to your next day 'break-fast'
                              Thanks! I just closed it at 5 and will open it at my normal time today around 3. I plan to end my fast with a walk/run before dinner (which will be when I break the fast). I'm not even that hungry today. It's very weird!!
                              Primal since March 2011
                              165/159/140

Comment

• Originally posted by spincycle View Post
                                I know my dh and family are going to be worried about me "starving" myself though, they already think I'm a bit strange for not eating grains.
                                Yes me too. My husband thinks I"m totally off my rocker for giving up grains, sugar and dairy (dairy being my choice). He's getting used to my "odd eating habits" though. He doesn't know I Fast-5 too - he'd probably have me institutionalized! I made the mistake of telling one friend and I got an earful about how I'm damaging my metabolism and when I start eating again my body will store all of it to fat. I love it though. I feel better eating this way honestly.
                                Primal since March 2011
                                165/159/140

Comment

Working...
                                X