who does Fast-5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AnneArchy View Post
    Are people in this thread still working out and how does fast-5 effect your workouts? If you choose a later window like 4-9 or 5-10, is it hard to workout in the morning? Do you feel hungrier if you workout vs not working out?

I am still working out. I had a pretty active weekly workout "routine".
    -Three days of high weight, low rep work.
    -Daily pull-ups
    -daily 3-5 mile stroll
    -sprints (typically on Sundays, when I go play dodgeball tag with the daughters.)

I have had no issues continuing with the work outs. I find that the evenings after the weight work, I pack in a bit more calories then when I don't work out.

When I break my fast, I make sure to eat something carb-free and calorie loaded. Such as eggs or sardines. I then wait an hour before I eat anything else, to make sure that I don't binge on something that I shouldn't eat.

Overall though, the work out has seen little effect in my day. I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but I never run. I find running screws with my appetite and makes me feel ill. This has been the case my entire life. I can walk endlessly. Running is something I dread. Sprints seem fine, but running is right out for me. Those that regularly run may have different results going on the Fast-5 diet.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
      According to the book he discusses add - ins to coffee and that CO or HWC (heavy whipping cream) in small amounts does not derail you from the fast. Something about it does not raise insulin.
      Heavy whipping cream and Coconut oil are pure fats. There is no blood sugar increase, thus no insulin response.

Comment

• Originally posted by touchdowntodd View Post
        SO glad i started this thread and its helping people, and helping create discussion
        It's definitely helped me. I've inadvertently IF'd before (regularly skipped breakfast) but after reading this thread, I did some more research and started doing it deliberately, including working out in a fasted state. I'm still having some trouble adjusting to the change in routine (I sometimes eat in a 6 or 7 hour window) but after a few weeks but I've already gone down a belt notch and seen a little of that persistent belly fat go. So thanks!

Comment

• so ................

I continue to do this 3-5 days a week ... the other days I mix up my body and have breakfast and dinner, or lunch and dinner .. and even throw in some custard or something high fat dairy with a little sugar .. so far this combo has really been working .

down 6lbs in the last month, which at this point feels great because im closer and closer to goal weight.... i lost the first 85-90lbs SO fast, i wonder if it woulda been faster with this.. it seems i can maintain current weight easily with eating normally so whenever i hit my end weight (unsure where this is taking me, original goal for me was 220, then i made it 200, then i made it 189, but it seems like i could get to 180-185 maybe?) i will be able to maintain easily ...

who else is having success AND fun!
          started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Comment

• I'm having some great success! My body is starting to really change shape.. I am buckling down and really taking this seriously for the next few weeks as I am going to Disney in May and want to feel and look great by then. I'm hoping to drop another 5-10 lbs in this next month, but even if that doesn't happen, I hope the shift in body shape keeps up. Today I worked out first thing (5:45-6:45). In a little bit I am going to drink my bulletproof coffee then tonight around 4:30 I have a nice steak with sautéed spinach and onions for dinner. If this doesn't hold me I may throw in half a sweet potato later but I am trying to keep it VLC for a little bit. So far I am down about 15 lbs. Have a lot to go but I am feeling really great and know that this food and lifestyle will be pretty easily maintained long term.
            My Story As It Unfolds

Comment

• Way to go!
              started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Comment

• so how is everybody doing?

i am still on my plan 20h fast (with coconut oil, heavy cream, bone broth) with a 4h. eating window (mostly a protein rich snack and a normal meal).

Cause weight loss was a bit slow (i am definitely diet resistance!) i eat a ketogenic diet. it's pretty easy, together with IF and all the coconut oil i drink during the fasting-window. the pounds are falling off and i hope to lose an other 5lbs. to my spring holiday (in 3.5 weeks!) and an other 5lbs to my summer holiday (in 6.5 weeks)

IF made my life soo much easier, and it solved all my blood sugar problems! together with a ketogenic diet i finally found my energy and good mood back!

7/14: 156 lbs.
                weight in's:

7/17: 153.5 lbs.
                7/18: 152.5 lbs.

goalweight: 130 lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bettie View Post
                  IF made my life soo much easier, and it solved all my blood sugar problems! together with a ketogenic diet i finally found my energy and good mood back!
                  How long would you say this took for you? I have been IF-ing for the past week, I am still starving up until lunch time when I eat my first meal, I feel the cold a lot more and I am tired, wondered if it was because it takes a while for your body to kick into fat burning mode as suggested in the Fast-5 book.
                  Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
                  Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Comment

• when i did IF with a higher carb diet (50-100 gr. a day) it was harder and it took me about 2 weeks to get used to it and on some days i really struggled.

after the easter holiday i started IF with keto and it took me max. 2 days to get used to it and to get into ketosis. since then "not eating" just feels right most of the time.

in my "fast" i have a bit of butter and heavy cream in my tea in the morning, and 2-3 tbs of coconut oil and a cup of bonebroth. this after 12h of fast/sleep, until i break the fast 8h later. i also work out, after 13h of fasting. not sure i could do this last 8h without the fat/bonebroth. but just half a year ago i could hardly go longer than 3h without food, i had always blood sugar issues and was nonstop hungry.

weight in's:

Comment

• Great progress, Bettie!
                      I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by Sigi View Post
                        Great progress, Bettie!
                        thanks!

IF really changed my life. i had such a hard time loosing weight or keeping a "diet" up, because of my PCOS. iam still loosing very slowly and i have to be quite hard to myself, but with IF i only have to be "hard" for a few hours a day, thats probably the difference!

weight in's:

Comment

• my window is 6-7 hours (pretty much based on current schedule) and my goal is to get to a 5 hr or less window.
                          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bettie View Post
                            thanks!

IF really changed my life. i had such a hard time loosing weight or keeping a "diet" up, because of my PCOS. iam still loosing very slowly and i have to be quite hard to myself, but with IF i only have to be "hard" for a few hours a day, thats probably the difference!
                            I'm in the exact same boat as you with PCOS. I've been IF/Fast5 for 6 weeks now and it's definitely changed my life too. No shakes from insulin going up and down all day long. I have more energy and think clearer too. It's take a little while but I've hit my first 25 pound weight loss goal. I probably need another 20 to go.

Comment

• <line-up of amoeba pom-pom girls to cheer on sugarcrystal8 and Bettie>

*\./* *\./* *\./* *\./*
                              I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Glad I happened onto this. Was reading another thread that mentioned Fast 5 and I wound up here. I stumbled onto the bulletproof coffee thread a few days ago, and that led me to an accidental fast of 18 and then yesterday of 19.5, so I think I can do this.

And it is so timely. I just was rethinking everything yesterday, and decided I needed to fine tune it. I spent most of the day researching fasting, and I think this is exactly what I needed. Both days, I have ended up just over 1000 calories and 22 & 25 carbs. I dont usually have to count calories, but I track so I can track carbs but also by starting my day with fat in my coffee, I wanted to see how that affected my calories for the day, and then when I realized I was IFing, I wanted to see if that caused me to over do it so tracking was beneficial for me to see that I am still on track.

I had just been all over the place the past few weeks so I think this is what I needed. And best of all, it feels natural. When my journey started, I was trying to eat within 30 minutes of getting up, trying to eat every 2 or 3 hours, trying to stay under calorie, then trying to stay under carbs...it was so draining. This just feels right.
                                65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X