No announcement yet.

who does Fast-5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have some butter and cream in my morning tea (around 8am, thats 12h fasted) and regularly CO during my fast (about 3-4 tbs), and a cup of bone broth. then i break the fast around 3/4 pm. with a protein rich snack and i have big diner around 8pm.

i still loose weight and get all the positive effects from it, maybe i could do "better" and loose "faster" without the CO, but then i would struggle with fasting 19-20h and i would not get the benefits of the CO. for me fasting and being in ketosis has the same positive effect, so i just preferable have some tbs of fat within my fasting window.

7/14: 156 lbs.
    weight in's:

7/17: 153.5 lbs.
    7/18: 152.5 lbs.

goalweight: 130 lbs.

Comment

• maybe you want to check out this test: Intermittent Fasting – The No Hunger Method | Critical MAS

7/14: 156 lbs.
      weight in's:

7/17: 153.5 lbs.
      7/18: 152.5 lbs.

goalweight: 130 lbs.

Comment

• People say you would just binge on Fast 5 but I actually did it Tuesday instead of my usual no carb day. I ate 1200 calories & yes some crap (had 2 soy Balance Bars) in one fell swoop, chilled for the rest of the day then went to sleep. Honestly, I think if fat people just ate on the go during their 5 hour window they'd all lose weight on it- it's not that hard to do either.

Comment

• I tried it early last year but I couldn't get it to work for me. I was also eating SAD and would gorge myself on all kinds of unhealthy foods, even once I was full I'd still eat. So no wonder it didn't work

Since being primal (which is only three weeks), I find that I skip meals and don't even notice. Several times a week I either skip lunch or dinner because I'm simply not hungry and I'm not constantly thinking of food and my next meal.

So in a way I practice IF and I think Fast 5 could work well with PB.
          Primal since March 2011
          Fast-5ing since April 2011
          165/159/140

Comment

• Originally posted by VTmeetsMontréal View Post
            I didn't feel like getting into the "we don't need to eat as often as we do and meal times are actually a cultural norm rather than a necessity to survival" conversation.. so I just didn't talk about it. I'm pretty sure he think's I'm staving myself though! Poor guy Why does people not eating make others so uncomfortable!
            I have a similar situation in the small office I work in. If you don't eat, it gets noticed. If you have a very late lunch, it gets noticed. When I politely refused the offer of shared hot cross buns yesterday morning, it bewildered them. I don't like not being completely open with my colleagues, but I know how these dear but rigidly CW-minded people will react if I try to explain my whole paleo/fasting deal to them - and then everything I put in my mouth will be examined and commented on and ugh, I just don't want to go down that path. Not yet anyway.
            I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Today, I will fast all the way until dinner, around 6:30. The best part is we are going to a great barbecue place that has an all-you-can-eat special. I load up my plate with ribs, brisket, chicken and have a huge side of collard greens and carrots. Can't wait!

Comment

• Originally posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
                Today, I will fast all the way until dinner, around 6:30. The best part is we are going to a great barbecue place that has an all-you-can-eat special. I load up my plate with ribs, brisket, chicken and have a huge side of collard greens and carrots. Can't wait!
                Best way to break a fast!

Comment

• I started doing this without knowing the program a few weeks ago. For the first time in a long time I can now feel being full. I like the no eating and Sometimes I can go longer. I think it saves money because I am not snacking all the time and it just feels good not to think about food all the time. I usually do 2 to 7 pm
                  Home birthing legal mama. Unschooler. Jewish Intactivist (step away from the foreskin!). Full-term breastfeeder. Kettlebell padawan.

Comment

• Does anyone have issues with bad dreams when you are doing fast-5? I am having the strangest, not related to real incidents, bad dreams. They are waking me up anywhere from twice a night to five times. Heart rate is elevated but as soon as I open my eyes, I start to calm down. They even plague my day time naps, even the ones that only last a hour. I will be trying some stress reducing techniques just in case. I am adding a evening yoga, a bubble bath, and extending my meditation time. Any other suggestions?

Comment

• Because of this thread I have now completed 2 different 24 hour fasts. I realize that this is not earth shattering news. But it is big for me!!

Doing this let me to the bulletproof executive site, and I think I am going to try his fasting regimen for this week and see what happens. By this I mean drinking the bulletproof coffee and then having a great dinner between the hours of 2 and 8. I don't feel much need to have this large of an eating window, but I am going to see where this takes me. Love all the information and support from this forum! I can't imagine that I ever would have tried fasting without you guys!
                      My Story As It Unfolds

Comment

• thats AWESOME taht you have completed fasts!

good for you!!!!!!!!! its not hard once we find a method .. everyone is different.. this isnt for everyone, but i believe everyone can get positive results from a form of this ...

SO glad i started this thread and its helping people, and helping create discussion

i still do this 3-4 days a week. ... the other days i may eat during the day or morning (if teh wife and i are home together this is hard, and i want to enjoy eating as well LOL) ... ive also found i can eat a little more sugar or a few more carbs and still see results ... about a pound a week so far ... id like more, but i also enjoy the way its going and what ive been eating so cant complain ..

GROK ON!
                        started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Comment

• Do you guys do better doing 24 hour fasts on non-workout days or workout days? I always feel famished on non-workout days the day after workout days, so I can never hold out on a fast on that day.
                          My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• ive done both ... but i do workouts in morning and fast 5 eating hours at night when im eating ... that seems to help
                            started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Comment

• I don't know if it is a mental block, but I can't seem to get my mind around fasting on a workout day. My workouts are at 5:30 am on Mon, Wed, Friday so I am planning my fasts from Mon dinner thru Tuesday dinner, then Wednesday dinner-Thursday dinner.. etc. This should give me at least 2, maybe 3 24 hr fasts per week. I'm happy with that.

Just feel ilke I need to get some protein in after working out on those mornings.. It might not be true that I have to have it, it just feels that way.
                              My Story As It Unfolds

Comment

• Originally posted by Linny View Post
                                The caffeine in your coffee could be initiating the hunger you're feeling. Caffeine can cause an insulin response which could be causing your glucose to dip and make your body hungry, especially for sweet carbs. Consuming coffee with cream probably blunts the body's reaction.
                                I have been a person who has incorrporated IF for the last 15 years of my life, since I was first in college. Initially, it was due to not being able to always afford food. I just kept at it.

I'm new to Fast-5 though, so I'm curious about all this information. This said, I believe that you may be wrong concerning caffeine/coffee. I have always used caffeine as a way to get me through some of the longer fasts I've done. I have been continuing use of it into my fast-5 diet. Everything I know about caffeine says the opposite of what you say.

Does Caffeine Cause Insulin Release? | LIVESTRONG.COM

THere is one article that says otherwise. I'm unclear as to how caffeine would cause an insulin responce. You have some resources on that? Articles maybe? I'm super curious.

Comment

Working...
                                X