What are your Costco staples?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Primal Toad View Post
    ...but Costco eggs seem to be a decent choice and I eat a lot of them.
    False, they are some of the lowest rated eggs actually: The Cornucopia Institute

These look to be somewhat close though: The Cornucopia Institute
    http://stackingplates.com/

Comment

Oh and I forgot coconut milk and organic diced tomatoes (canned).

Comment

Let's see: coconut milk, organic butter and Kerrygold butter, organic bacon, frozen wild blueberries, frozen wild sockeye salmon fillets, frozen organic brocolli, organic whole chickens, organic ground beef (just bought it in a pinch, it doesn't say grass fed), scallops. I can't get organic whole milk or whole fat yogurt, those are the two things I wish I could find. And I like the size and the yellower yolks of my Wal-Mart's organic eggs better, Costco's always seem so small.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Toad View Post
          The olive oil is good quality... Extra Virgin Cold Pressed.
          I am curious and would like you to do an experiment. Put it in the fridge overnight and see what happens to it.
          You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
            I am curious and would like you to do an experiment. Put it in the fridge overnight and see what happens to it.
            Tell us more

Comment

A lifetime supply of macaroni & cheese, a 55 gallon drum of cran-grape juice, and a pill that'll kill a baby
              “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

I retract the request because I did not do my research. Moving on...
                You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I like to get batteries at costco

Comment

Today I grabbed shrimp, celery, brussel sprouts, broccoli and tuna

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                      Now I'm curious, what should happen?

Last time I put a bottle of Cento EVOO in the fridge, it solidified like coconut oil. Well, not entirely, but at least half. Is it supposed to do that? (saturated fat test, I assume?)
                      | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by CE402 View Post
                        BJ'S sells 3# bags of organic berries and wild blueberries for $10 though.

That's about the only way I eat berries anymore after learning how much they absorb toxins. And they work awesome when mixed in with Greek yogurt, drizzled with basalmic, or used in place of ice in a smoothie.
                        Never saw the organic berries! That could be exclusive to some stores with better access to them.

Our BJs has pitiful dairy selections, but I really like the bulk frozen veggies. They are almost worth the membership.
                        | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

San Pellegrino sparkling water, coffee, kerrygold butter and cheese, Coleman nitrate-free bacon. Dog food. Avocados. Smoked salmon.

Comment

Originally posted by vnvdvci View Post
                            I am so jealous that you guys have Kerrygold and organic eggs in Costco. My costco has just the crappy quality butter...on the flip side though, they have a nice range of wild-caught fish that I didn't see back in the states, for nice prices too.
                            i was going to say that even my costco will start carrying the kerrygold soon (st patrick's day) but if you aren't in the states that might not be a "holiday" LOL

my costco doesn't have most of the good stuff ppl are listing. i asked about canned coconut milk and they said "oh, we'll never have that, we had it for about 6 days and it didn't sell...coconut water is really popular...what about soy milk? we have a few different brands" *doh*
                            (might as well have recommended the sweetened condensed milk...it's the same since it's milk and in a can right?)

Comment

In the summertime, mine has nitrate free hot dogs. As mother of 3 girls, I get worn down to the requests for them. I consider them a better bad food...

I noticed today they had leg of lamb from Australia. Sounds to be grass fed. On my list to research but does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by amdws1234 View Post
                                In the summertime, mine has nitrate free hot dogs. As mother of 3 girls, I get worn down to the requests for them. I consider them a better bad food...

I noticed today they had leg of lamb from Australia. Sounds to be grass fed. On my list to research but does anyone know?
                                I believe that all of their lamb is from Australia and is grass fed

Comment

Working...
                                X