Is ignoring hunger bad for you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is ignoring hunger bad for you

hey guys recently went primal loving it so far although here the thing : i eat a breakfast of 1 gg and 1 rasher (slice of bacon) for breakfast at about 7.30 then at about 11 am i get hungry but im at school so i hav to wait til 11 o clock to eat as i go home for lunch. I don't really mind enduring the hunger but is it unhealthy to do so ? Also the hunger felling kind of just go away after about 20-40 mins is this normal ?
    thanks guys

Read about intermittent fasting. Some hunger is normal actually.
    PDF Ebook The Fast-5 Diet and the Fast-5 Lifestyle | Free PDF Ebooks Files @AcrobatPlanet.Com

Hunger can mean the body needs food. It can also be a kind of false hunger that is a response to your insulin being raised from eating.

Comment

If the hunger feeling goes away after about 20-40 minutes then you are probably not really hungry. Be patient and continue to note when you get hungry and if/when that hunger feeling goes away. Intermittent fasting can be very beneficial for some but harmful to others.

Are you in high school? If you are growing then I definitely would NOT intermittent fast.
      Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Ignoring hunger is not bad. But you should eat enough food for a man or growing boy.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I'd be starving if I just ate 1 egg and 1 slice of bacon for breakfast. Try eating a bit more for your first meal and it'll carry you further into the day.

Comment

Hunger is not a bad thing but watch your strength training, if you are unable to increase your weights or reps or both, increase the calories. Start eating more at breakfast in that case.

Comment

Real hunger is very different than being "hungry" for 20 minutes or so. Most people never experience real hunger. Most people can go easily for TWO WEEKS without food if they had to, and obese people much longer. Tthe sheer rush to feed people in world distress situations is a product of mental fear of missing a meal, not out of necessity.

You're fine.
              5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

Comment

I agree with Linny. Eat more at breakfast and it will carry you through to when you can eat lunch. I had 3 fresh eggs with peppers and onions and 3 slices of bacon this morning. Didn't even think about food until 2 in the afternoon.

Comment

I had 4 egg muffins from the free cookbook and didn't eat anything else the rest of the day. I'm still not technically hungry at 6pm.
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Conditioned hunger is different from actual hunger.

If you start feeling weakness,dizziness,loss of energy, and so on then it's real hunger and your body is telling you it needs food. On the other hand, if you're standing there going "Hmmm....maybe I'm hungry...guess I'll grab something to eat" then it's conditioned hunger and you can wait it out then decide whether you want a meal or not. I'm not saying to ignore the conditioned responses entirely, but don't put them in the same boat as actual hunger.
                    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
                    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Comment

Originally posted by Sihana
                      Eat more for your meal that breaks the fast. 1 egg and 1 slice of bacon is a snack, no wonder you are hungry again! More, more, and more.

You are newly primal, and your job is to focus on keeping your body stocked with good, nutritious food. Give in to your hunger, whether it be from habit or from actual need. Let your body adjust to the new way of eating, let your body get used to this system. Keep it well fed, you will not overeat if you eat the right food comps. You will find a few weeks in that you will have automatically adjusted, your hunger signals should be accurate again, and you should be able to tell the difference of thirst hunger or food hunger.
                      Yes! If you are hungry then eat. Just eat the right foods. Make or buy some good quality jerky and keep some with you.

Comment

I would examine to see if it is real hunger or just feeling like you should eat at that time. I for one eat a much bigger breakfast than you, however, sometimes I catch myself wanting to eat a short time later. When I look at the feeling a little closer I see that it is totally out of habit or my new food obsession to all things primal : )

If I don't give in to that initial urge, I am able to comfortably go for hours without eating. But I definitely do eat when I am sure that I am actually hungry.
                        My Story As It Unfolds

Comment

ignoring hunger sharpens your senses.

Comment

hey guys thanks for the responses really cleared it up for me ate a huge breakfast this morning 2 eggs three bacon was delicious and carried me right through to lunch couldnt actually finish all my lunch cos i wasnt that hungry and was fine until dinner thanks again for all the responses

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post
                              ignoring hunger sharpens your senses.
                              Yes I agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X