Manuka Honey?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outside of the local allergy effect,
    Honey is basically sugar, so don't kid yourself in that regard.
    Having said that I don't think any artificial sweeteners are really ok, so if you need a dose of sweet, then honey is probably the best choice in my eyes. The primary benefits as a topical dressing to wounds is the glucose content, it provides an energy source as well as killing bacteria mainly because of high glucose concentration de hydrating the bacteria through osmosis and killing them.

I do use honey quite freely my self and no doubt our ancestors would have gorged on it whenever they had the chance to, so maybe there is a clue there, have a full on desert day sometimes, but not everyday as you'd have to climb a tall tree and risk death for the reward.
    Last edited by Omni; 03-08-2013, 12:05 AM.
    "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Comment

Originally posted by Tribal Rob View Post
      Those of us in the UK get to Aldi, Manuka honey is IIRC something like 4 or 5 quid a jar.
      Is this hi grade or the cheap +5 stuff?

I'v googled this stuff to death and while on paper it's good stuff, there isn't any proven evidence that it does anything over regular honey or other things in healthy diets.
      Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
      Height 5'9"
      Start weight 200lb
      Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
      Goal was 168lb's

Comment

Ok just did yet another google. This kinda sums it up for me, it near on quotes word for one one of the earlier posts.

Manuka Honey: Evidence for medicinal Uses, benefits and side effects

It seems its better used on the outside of your body ie for cuts and burns...no way am I spending 15 to put this stuff on a cut.
        Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
        Height 5'9"
        Start weight 200lb
        Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
        Goal was 168lb's

Comment

Working...
        X