Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Article: Damn your low fat diet: How a reformed vegan gorges...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article: Damn your low fat diet: How a reformed vegan gorges...

I don't usually post but this one is good. Leave them some primal positive comments!

Damn your low fat diet: How a reformed vegan John Nicholson gorges on all the foods his granny enjoyed... and has never felt better | Mail Online

love it!

Comment

LOVE! Fantastic article.
      You don't have to be sick to get better.
      Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
      Primal start: 1/2/2012
      My Primal Journal
      Living, loving and learning.

Comment

Awesome! Good one to send to family and friends.
        Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Great article, and how I do miss British news.

Comment

I was quite pleased to see so many positive comments.
            My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

Amazing...and he is healthy and enjoying life and eating again!
              Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
              PS
              Don't forget to play!

Comment

I shared that one on facebook instantly.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Me too

Not that anyone is actually going to read it
                  Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Shared it on FB as well.

From the OP's article
                    ‘There’s no connection whatsoever between cholesterol in food and cholesterol in blood,’ he [Ancel Keys] said in a magazine article in 1997. ‘And we’ve known that all along.’

I never new he essentially renounced his own study. So this experiment in eliminating good nutrient rich sources of food like meat, butter etc was not only based on flawed data, but is unsubstantiated according to the author of the lipid hypothesis himself.
                    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                    PS
                    Don't forget to play!

Comment

OMG, priceless. Ancel himself!
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                        Shared it on FB as well.

From the OP's article
                        ‘There’s no connection whatsoever between cholesterol in food and cholesterol in blood,’ he [Ancel Keys] said in a magazine article in 1997. ‘And we’ve known that all along.’

I never new he essentially renounced his own study. So this experiment in eliminating good nutrient rich sources of food like meat, butter etc was not only based on flawed data, but is unsubstantiated according to the author of the lipid hypothesis himself.
                        As I understand it, he never did claim that cholesterol in food caused heart disease. He believed that saturated fat in the diet caused heart disease and I don't think he ever recanted. Not defending the guy or anything. LOL.
                        My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                          I shared that one on facebook instantly.
                          Same.

Comment

"Eating meat turns your stomach into a graveyard and your blood into a sewer."

A vegan actually said that in the comments section.....holy shit some of them are nuts. Another comment stated that the persons whole family,including their cats and dogs,were vegan. Anyone else feel disgusted that someone can preach endlessly about loving animals but at the same time forces their carnivorous pets to eat a diet that's so naturally unhealthy to them?
                            Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
                            CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Comment

Originally posted by @lex View Post
                              A vegan actually said that in the comments section.....holy shit some of them are nuts. Another comment stated that the persons whole family,including their cats and dogs,were vegan.
                              ...That same poster later said that she would give up her cat before allowing meat into her house. Uh, my cat is part of my family. I'll feed him the diet he was evolutionarily designed to eat, not one based on my own food preferences (just like I don't try to feed my guinea pigs meat). Proof positive that she really "loves" her animals. Geez! Some people are just idiots.

Comment

Working...
                              X