Insulin and snacking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulin and snacking

I am trying to understand how this all works. I have a basic understanding of how insulin works, but is it all only related to foods that are carbs/sugars? What happens if you eat something that's only fat or protein? Lets say you ate a snack that's protein and or fat, no sugars or carbs at all, would it really have any affect on weight loss/gain if you were still restricting calories. I know the basic "rule" is no snacking, but when it comes down to it, does it really matter if you have a snack thats all protein/fat?

Insulin will be released if any food is eaten, but noncarb food causes only a small amount of insulin to be released.

Comment

Protein needs insulin to be transported, so both protein and carbs raise insulin.

Also insulin is not the whole story. Other hormones have a lot to do with weight gain and weight loss as well. Also snacking causes stress for the liver, which is bad for your health.

Comment

I know it's more than insulin, I just wasn't sure if fat and protein caused a significant spike in insulin. A friend asked me that question and I had no idea how to answer it because I had never read anything about insulin and fat or protein. Insulin seems to always be paired with sugar and carbs.

Comment

Working...
        X