Eat This - Not That

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat This - Not That

I always enjoyed the simple reading of the eat this, not that book when I ate SAD.
    Sometimes I wish Primal was written down in a simple form of here... eat this food, but don't eat these.
    Just a thought.
    I know eatting Primal is simple. Somethings like which oils to eat and cook with, which nuts are best, which fruits have the highest carb count would be nice to have written down in a simple format.
    Maybe there is something and I just don't know it!
    Just a thought

The Bulletproof Diet (Upgraded Paleo) | The Bulletproof Executive

Comment

Primal Blueprint Shopping List | MDA

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

I made this food pyramid out of a commonly available pyramid you can find doing a google image search.

Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

its easier if you do think about "that", just what you can eat, its very simple...

paleo1.jpg
          http://myquest4happiness.blogspot.com/
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread48307.html (journal)

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
            I made this food pyramid out of a commonly available pyramid you can find doing a google image search.

Like.
            F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Just remember this pyramid should be based on calories not volume. Meats, fish, fat, and other proteins like eggs should be where most of your daily calories are coming from. Vegetables should make up most of the volume of what you eat.

Comment

Originally posted by whitebear View Post
                Just remember this pyramid should be based on calories not volume. Meats, fish, fat, and other proteins like eggs should be where most of your daily calories are coming from. Vegetables should make up most of the volume of what you eat.
                I was assuming this is by calories not by volume.
                F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

I found that the definitive guides covered most things I needed to know.
                  Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
                  Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
                  Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
                  Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Comment

+1
                    I find that I tend to eat more protein/fat than veggies. I tend to get bloated and gassy if I eat too many veggies, especially broccoli.

Comment

Originally posted by Insane Grok View Post
                      its easier if you do think about "that", just what you can eat, its very simple...

[ATTACH]5847[/ATTACH]
                      Love it!

Comment

Mark has a very detailed list of what and what not eat in his new book. Consider getting it, it is a very good book.
                        There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
                        There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
                        There is society, where none intrudes,
                        By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
                        I love not man the less, but Nature more...
                        ~Lord Byron

Comment

...Why that Bulletproof Diet guy considers potatoes in the red zone on his veggie scale yet dextrose in the green on his sweetener scale is totally beyond me...

Comment

Originally posted by Orchid View Post
                            ...Why that Bulletproof Diet guy considers potatoes in the red zone on his veggie scale yet dextrose in the green on his sweetener scale is totally beyond me...
                            Ya, I think some of his stuff is really off.

Comment

I like the idea behind this thread. Love primal, and love this forum, but under the surface, like the iodine and thyroid debate ... Just seems that primal isn't as simple as it is billed to be.
                              Buzz71
                              Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
                              Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
                              Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
                              My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

Comment

Working...
                              X