No announcement yet.

Freakin' HARVARD May be coming around!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freakin' HARVARD May be coming around!

Just read the first paragraph!

http://www.ciaprochef.com/wohf2011/p...FocusonFat.pdf

God damn,this should help put a nice boot in the throat of conventional wisdom.Harvard has a lot of credibility with the average person,so having a voice come from there will do a lot of good hopefully.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Comment

Originally posted by @lex View Post
      God damn,this should help put a nice boot in the throat of conventional wisdom.Harvard has a lot of credibility with the average person,so having a voice come from there will do a lot of good hopefully.
      Unfortunately the type of fat they say is good for you is unsaturated fat such as canola and soybean oil. When will they ever get it right? Just kills me. I can't stand it.

Comment

Originally posted by healthy11 View Post
        Unfortunately the type of fat they say is good for you is unsaturated fat such as canola and soybean oil. When will they ever get it right? Just kills me. I can't stand it.
        FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I only read the first paragraph,so I missed that part.Harvard,I am disappoint.
        Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Comment

i spit on harvard and don't care much about what you will call the conventional wisdom.

this is for the conventional people, let them have their wisdom and i will have my own.

i do not see why this should concern anyone, what the stupids will do?

Comment

It's still a start. Try to look at it that way.

Comment

start of what? what do you want to start?

Comment

You want to start people turning away from low fat products that are full of sugar and crap. its definitely a start.
                And Dado, grow up - that's such a juvenile comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue View Post
                  You want to start people turning away from low fat products that are full of sugar and crap. its definitely a start.
                  And Dado, grow up - that's such a juvenile comment.
                  what's juvenile is wanting to start turning people away from low fat products.

do you stand to profit from this? if not, this is stupid.

do what you do, SUE!

Comment

what's juvenile is wanting to 'save the world'

what's juvenile is being a 'do-gooder'.

YOU GROW UP, YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post
                      what's juvenile is wanting to start turning people away from low fat products.

do you stand to profit from this? if not, this is stupid.

do what you do, SUE!
                      How exactly does wanting people to avoid the food products full of potentially harmful additives and ingredients that are pushed as healthy because they're low in fat equate to being juvenile?

Comment

Originally posted by @lex View Post
                        How exactly does wanting people to avoid the food products full of potentially harmful additives and ingredients that are pushed as healthy because they're low in fat equate to being juvenile?
                        it equates to being a do-gooder.

worry about yourself and let the dominos fall where they fall.

YOU CAN'T HELP ANYONE BUT YOURSELF!

THE GUY YOU WANT TO HELP HAS TO HAVE THE EYES TO SEE! HE DOESN'T HAVE THE EYES TO SEE!!

that's how it's juvenile.

it's a mentality that is arrested at some stage between childhood and adulthood.

Comment

unless you stand to profit from it, this is a different story.

Comment

if i'm hanging out with a friend and he wants to shoot dope while we play video games, what am i?

WHO AM I TO TRY TO DISSUADE HIM FROM SHOOTING DOPE?!!?

i'm there for the ride and i take my friend as he is, it's his choice, so we kick ass playing fifa.

I DO WHAT I DO, LET THE OTHER GUY DO WHAT HE DO!!

THAT'S NOT JUVENILE, THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT!

Comment

This article is more dangerous than the low-fat craze. They're saying not to avoid fat, then they're telling you the exact wrong types of fat to eat. They put trans-fat next to saturated fat for God's sake. Saturated fat is the most stable and therefore LEAST LIKELY TO BECOME TRANS-FAT!! Trans-fat is a byproduct of oxidizing oil, which typically happens to POLYUNSATURATED FAT, which is the fat they give highest marks to. People are better off eating a low-fat diet if it's also a low polyunsaturated fat diet. If people start raising their fats, and all the fats they're including are PUFA's, there will be EVEN MORE damage to the health of the nation. The only thing saving us right now is general fat fear keeping us away from vegetable oil and margarine, too. It's better to eat a low-fat/high-starch diet with low omega 6 than to eat a higher-fat/lower-carb diet where the bulk of our calories are coming from PUFA's!!!
                              Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Working...
                              X