Epic Freakin Paleo FAIL!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Freakin Paleo FAIL!!!!!!!

Rice flour pancakes/ five guys double burger with the bun!!! and fries IN the peanut oil. maple syrup on those cakes and ketsup on those fries!

Fuckin wheels croaked off that wagon and took the whole carriage down with it!

Eh, shit happens. I went out on valentines day and drowned my loneliness in beer and pizza. Bloated out like crazy and went from 170 to 179 overnight haha. You only live once I suppose

Comment

It's useful to challenge your system once in a while, keep it on its toes.

Tonight I ate out with a paleo friend. Poppadum and mango chutney, onion salad. Salmon and banana kashmiri curry with saffron rice. Then a traditional Indian coconutty cake thingy in sweetened milk with bits of pistachio. 2 gin and slimline tonics and a glass of wine.

All really delicious ... but neither of us needed that desert. No ill effects felt yet ... (burp).
      F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Should change the title though. It's not a Paleo Fail, it's a PrimalStewart Fail.

Comment

It's ok. Fix that wagon and get back on it. What do you think? Is it possible right now for you to "get back on it"? You'll figure out. : )

Comment

Whippee doo. I had Popeye's chicken on Wedneday.

I figure that if one can solve a 30 years of SAD with a year of primal, then you can get over one day of SAD with, what, a few hours? You'll recover.
            5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

So what?
              You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Yeah, I was sucking down some donuts for a few days.

And now I'm not. Just how it is.
                Durp.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                  So what?

yeah - and so what about you? get outta here man. go on!...get.

RitaRose I think donuts are further up on the epil fail list that are most other things! If you epic fail, epic fail hard as you did, is the way to fly off the wagon. I like!

Comment

You ate it...back on the horse..the wagon still rolls
                    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

Comment

I kind of made a huge production tonight out of where my friends and I should go out for dinner because I was trying really hard to not fall off the wagon. Ended up being really pretty childish and irritable because they did not want to go to the only place I know of that cooks with butter and where I can get a slab of kielbasa and butter-soaked veggies without having to ask for special modifications. We finally agreed on Cambodian.

Now I feel super bad that I made such a big deal out of what should have just been an awesome time hanging out with friends I don't see much. I should have just gone out for the damn burgers like they wanted and enjoyed myself. The world isn't going to end if I eat a burger patty fried in vegetable oil and breaded onion rings.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
                        I kind of made a huge production tonight out of where my friends and I should go out for dinner because I was trying really hard to not fall off the wagon. Ended up being really pretty childish and irritable because they did not want to go to the only place I know of that cooks with butter and where I can get a slab of kielbasa and butter-soaked veggies without having to ask for special modifications. We finally agreed on Cambodian.

Now I feel super bad that I made such a big deal out of what should have just been an awesome time hanging out with friends I don't see much. I should have just gone out for the damn burgers like they wanted and enjoyed myself. The world isn't going to end if I eat a burger patty fried in vegetable oil and breaded onion rings.
                        Exactly,one or two bad meals aren't going to do anything worth freaking out over.Too many people get extreme with their diet and end up making asses out of themselves or adding needless worries to their lives.My morning smoothie had a tablespoon of peanut butter made with vegetable oil in it,and I'm still alive and well.
                        Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
                        CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Comment

whatever, man.

get back on the horse

Comment

Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
                            It's useful to challenge your system once in a while, keep it on its toes.
                            Yep! I do my Ben & Jerry's once a month. It's a great test to see how your system's functioning. If your metabolism's chugging along, you should be able to house a pint with no ill effect. There was a time where it would tire me out, but now I feel absolutely fine after 130g of straight sugar in a sitting. Poison is in the dose. If it's below the toxicity threshold, it's a supplement
                            Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Possible thread derail, but don't you all get sick as shit if you eat wheat now? I've been gluten and wheat-free for a year, and the 2 times I accidentally ingested it, I was praying for death. Started with a histamine reaction (ears, throat, tongue swelled, wanted to scratch my eyes and scalp off) and I ended up doubled over with stomach cramps 6 hours later. I can't have any or it's hideous - am I just really sensitive or do you say hell with it and deal? Last event was from 2 bites of disgusting soup that must have had some wheat protein in the soup base... not even like I ate bread.

Comment

Working...
                              X