Post-cheat strategies??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-cheat strategies??

So I gorged on some fries yesterday - granted they were homemade with duck fat, but still....any strategies for today? I have an event in 2 weeks and I'd like to avoid any weight gain. I've got bootcamp this morning, which I will do semi-fasted (coffee and cream) but should I fast after? PWO protein shake until dinner? Or just have a regular lunch, salad with tuna and a homemade vinaigrette???

I would fast until dinner after the duck fat and fry bomb.

If you get hungry, that is your penance!

Don't worry about your muscles and the pwo shake - they'll be fine this one time.

Julie

Comment

Well, how much did you eat? Seriously, one helping of fries unless it was 3500 calories worth is not going to undo much- then oh well, you have another pound to lose. You may have some bloat for a day or two. Eat like a normal person, no "penance" necessary. Go back to your regular eating program. Exercise like you normally do.

Why do you think you need to fast and do a hard workout? To punish yourself?

The more we enjoy our diet, within the "rules" - the less likely we are to cheat. The more we punish ourselves, the more likely we are to cheat....

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
        Well, how much did you eat? Seriously, one helping of fries unless it was 3500 calories worth is not going to undo much- then oh well, you have another pound to lose. You may have some bloat for a day or two. Eat like a normal person, no "penance" necessary. Go back to your regular eating program. Exercise like you normally do.

Why do you think you need to fast and do a hard workout? To punish yourself?

The more we enjoy our diet, within the "rules" - the less likely we are to cheat. The more we punish ourselves, the more likely we are to cheat....
        +1

Potato fried in duck fat is pretty primal. Just regard it as carb loading for the bootcamp!
        F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Today is a regular workout today - I'm not trying to punish myself. Just want to minimize the bloat!!! I probably ate about 1800-2000 calories for the whole day (so about 500-700 more than usual) and about 200-250 carbs from the potatoes (and grapefruit). I would think of it as a "refeed" if the fat wasn't at the 85-95g mark.

Comment

Calm down gestapo, I was kidding about the penance.

All I know, is if I had that for dinner along with other stuff, I probably
            wouldn't BE hungry for a long time the next day.

So if you're hungry after your workout, eat, if not, don't.

Jesus christ, it's food, it's not all "cerebral mind effing" for everyone.

Comment

If your event is 2 weeks out, any bloat will be gone by then. If it bothers you a bunch in the short term, go take an OTC diuretic. Or have your tuna with asparagus and drink a ton of water.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
              Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                Jesus christ, it's food, it's not all "cerebral mind effing" for everyone.
                LOVE this! LOL
                A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

It really does not matter. Eat, enjoy, repeat.

Also, it's not a good idea to drink a ton of water all at once. Eat food with high water content.

As long as you are avoiding PUFAs, added white sugar and commercially processed grains, carbs should not be a problem.
                  You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

That really does not sound like a cheat at all. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Ok, ok, I panicked just a bit. But it has been just impossible to take off the 10 lbs I want to lose, and I am so frustrated!! And those fries just didn't help. They were completely worth it, though....I mean, duck fat fries??? Delicious (and yes, still primal). Along with some grapefruit, that's all I had for dinner, and it was entirely satisfying.

Comment

Working...
                      X