do i have to....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i have to....

Eat every 3 hours to lose weight? I didn't know if this applies to eating the higher fat and higher protein lifestyle....
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

Absolutely not. That's pretty much a CW thing, not quite as bad as "heart healthy grains" but causes a lot of problems.

Many of us here only eat twice a day at most, with no snacking, and are losing. The liver sure appreciates those long break times between meals.

Comment

no you don't. thats the great thing about the primal/paleo philosophy. You can stop weighing, measuring, timing your food, you eat good food when you want.

if you are hungry then eat, if not skip the meal. however try not to snack.

lots of paleo/primal people skip breakfast or have something ultra light (coffee with some big scoops of cream etc.)
      - Follow me on Twitter | Read my blog! - www.PaleOZ.com -

Free Robb Wolf Paleo Meal Generator for iPhone
      IF Timer - The Original Intermittent Fasting iPhone App

Comment

I used to be one of those that needed to eat every three to four hours. If not, I'd feel hungry, agitated, headache, etc. And my eating habits weren't that bad. Since giving up all grains, I typically only eat twice a day. I usually have my salad and some type of protein around 11AM and then dinner whenever I get home. Today, that wasn't until 7:30PM.

Comment

Burn more calories than you take in. And you lose weight.

People just forget that we're ALWAYS burning calories. It's not just the ones on the treadmill LED display that count.

Comment

Thank you guys. So awesome. I find my self stilllll battling the daily habit of the conventional wisdom belief system. I am a thick dude but sometimes eating primal I feel I don't lose weight. I think its because I took the gary taubes and atkins approach "eat as much meat and cheese as you want" (yes I know cheese isn't primal) and kinda over eat. I am learning. I am trying to get out of the habit of thinking I need to do some crazy cardio to lose weight.
            Big brains discuss ideas
            -Eleanore Roosevelt

Comment

Just eat when you get hungry, but make sure you have enough fat around in the meals that you do take (without sugar, grains etc.). Eat anything at any time! There was no such thing as "breakfast" in the old days, food came when it was found or hunted, so have a steak when you get up and a poached salmon before going to bed, it does not matter. I often skip lunch and have something late afternoon. Anything goes.

Comment

Good call Erkan. I don't know why, and yes I have read all of the 101's , but I still have a TEEEEENY bit of fear of fat. So I eat meat but I keep it lean. Like turkey anything. And steak here and there and a lot of eggs.
                Big brains discuss ideas
                -Eleanore Roosevelt

Comment

Without fat, you are starving. You will be hungry until you die. Eat fat, saturated fat, and a lot of it.
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I don't know why but more fat is scaryyyy hahaha

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                    Without fat, you are starving. You will be hungry until you die. Eat fat, saturated fat, and a lot of it.
                    Big brains discuss ideas
                    -Eleanore Roosevelt

Comment

You have been told the truth. Why believe the lies anymore?
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Its not that I necessarily believe the lies, I just have terrible anxiety and I always let the thought in my mind go "fat can be dangerous".
                        Big brains discuss ideas
                        -Eleanore Roosevelt

Comment

Fat can be dangerous. Too much of anything is bad. And artificial trans fat is bad. Too much omega 3 and omega 6 is bad. Saturated fat is the safest one, because we've got it all over our bodies to use for fuel anyway. Whether you burn your own or eat it from another (clean, healthy) animal, it burns pretty much the same.

Have you read the book or not?
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by btownshreds View Post
                            I just have terrible anxiety and I always let the thought in my mind go "fat can be dangerous".
                            Eat only good fats and plenty of them... and remember:

Go low on fat... only if you want to get fat or stay fat.

Comment

ALL of your threads are filled with you asking "DO I HAVE TO?" "DO I HAVE TO?". There's no gun to your head. Do whatever you want.

Examples:

if im out can i stop by a mcdonalds and eat a double burger with bacon no bun and a salad? does everything i eat HAVE to be grass fed or bought from an organic store?
                              Is eating burgers paleo?
                              its soooooo hard to not eat pizza, burgers or anything like that on tour....i like crave it.....maybe its because i burn alot of calories playing drums? i dunno...i need support...i dont want to give up on this lifestyle.....thoughts?
                              what if fat really is doing something bad to your body?
                              Last edited by Bosnic; 02-17-2012, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X