Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you seen "Fat Head"?

Fat Head LINK
    This is a truly informative and entertaining documentary on the SAD diet. I have to wonder why it hasn’t the play of super-size me!

Just kidding I know why.

And do you see any parallels between Government/academia pushing this SAD diet science and “Climate Change”?

Stir, Stir, Stir!
    And the meek shall inherit the earth.
    What good is a used up world, and how could it be worth having?

I have seen it. For those who can't view it on Hulu, here is a link to it on Youtube (full version). Definitely worth watching.
    Yes, the real Dirk.

Comment

we watched it and loved it

i recommend it to everyone

Comment

Fathead is the reason I discovered Primal :-) I have it on DVD, and my boyfriend makes fun of me every time I watch it...lol

Comment

Just as one sided (arguably more one sided actually) than super size me.

Comment

I didn't like it because he is hiding hte fact that he ditches the buns...
            He is also hiding the fact that this crap is cooked in the worst oils EVER and will eventually lead to disease. How many people got the point? The ones eating SAD probably thought :"Cool, I get to eat more fast food! Let's order a double cheese burger right now."

This movie/documentary doesn't really sink in unless you're already on the right (primal,paleo,ancestral,...) path.

AND, on his last checkup guess what he didn't puplish? HIS freakin triglycerides.

Comment

If anything the movie just showed that calories in vs. calories out works. Dude ate about 2,000 calories a day and walked like 5 miles everyday. Wow, he lost weight, who would have thought????

Comment

Originally posted by jimhensen View Post
                Just as one sided (arguably more one sided actually) than super size me.
                OK it does have a point of view. But are the facts are wrong? which ones? all of them? Facts can be pretty one sided.
                And the meek shall inherit the earth.
                What good is a used up world, and how could it be worth having?

Comment

Originally posted by Issabeau View Post
                  He is also hiding the fact that this crap is cooked in the worst oils EVER and will eventually lead to disease. How many people got the point? The ones eating SAD probably thought :"Cool, I get to eat more fast food! Let's order a double cheese burger right now."

This movie/documentary doesn't really sink in unless you're already on the right (primal,paleo,ancestral,...) path.

AND, on his last checkup guess what he didn't puplish? HIS freakin triglycerides.
                  There is a segment in there about the cooking oils used at fast food restaurants. And he does mention (several times I believe) that a fast food diet is not a good diet. Moreover, at the very end, he basically does the Paleo diet for 30 days. I saw this movie at the very beginning of my interest of Paleo/Primal and it convinced me to learn even more. Can't comment on the trigylcerides thing.
                  Yes, the real Dirk.

Comment

Originally posted by Issabeau View Post
                    LMAO my hunny went to McD's and bought $15 worth of food after the movie. when i found out I was like "babe, that wasn't the point of the movie!!"
                    Last edited by JennaRose; 02-13-2012, 06:00 PM.

Comment

If anything the movie just showed that calories in vs. calories out works. Dude ate about 2,000 calories a day and walked like 5 miles everyday. Wow, he lost weight, who would have thought????
                      And that saturated fat isn't bad

Comment

Originally posted by ib4student View Post
                        And that saturated fat isn't bad
                        To be honest it didn't really show this. The guy doing the twinkie diet got better cholesterol numbers as well. If he were to continue this exact diet to his goal weight and eat it at maintenance for 6 months and have good numbers then I would say there was something to it, but he didn't do that.

And if you got "saturated fat isn't bad" from it you would also have to get that pufas aren't bad either.

Comment

He did comment on the "not goodness" of a fast food diet because there was one cholesterol number that went up (he suggested it was because of trans fats). He also was pretty blunt that it was largely to spite Spurlock, not recommend as a diet. I died laughing when he mocked the part where Spurlock complained of chest pains. "Quick honey, grab the tripod!"

Even the Eades said something like "Spurlock took forevs to lose the weight he gained on his magical vegan diet. He should have gone back to McDonalds and ordered a bunless burger and salad."

That said, like any documentary, it hit a few sour notes. Spurlock did apparently take awhile to lose the weight...but maybe he wasn't trying to "starve it off" and was content to take it slowly.

But was the guy really not eating the buns when the camera wasn't on him?

Comment

+1!

We really liked the movie; unfortunately, our 7 year old daughter wanted McDs the next day.

Wonder if he knew about "pink slime" before he started the project...
                            Pink Slime Ammonia-infused Hamburger Additive

Comment

To be honest it didn't really show this. The guy doing the twinkie diet got better cholesterol numbers as well. If he were to continue this exact diet to his goal weight and eat it at maintenance for 6 months and have good numbers then I would say there was something to it, but he didn't do that.

And if you got "saturated fat isn't bad" from it you would also have to get that pufas aren't bad either.
                              I haven't seen it. I've been eating 80+g of saturated fat just about everyday since last summer and my cholesterol numbers are way better.
                              TC: 149
                              HDL: 57
                              LDL: 83
                              Trig: 47
                              Glucose: 66

Comment

Working...
                              X