Another F'ing Cholesterol Thread?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another F'ing Cholesterol Thread?!

Yep, another one. I had mine checked today as part of my annual checkup. First, a little history.
    I was diagnosed with high cholesterol about 6-7 years ago, it was 293, and I was having all kinds of problems. Doc found it and put me on statins. Cholesterol started coming down, I made some dietary changes for the better (or so I thought) and eventually got it down to 212. It's been around there for the last 3 years or so. About 7 months ago I started eating primal and took myself of the statins. Never told my Doc (or wife) that I stopped taking meds. Today total was 226 with bads at 163. Basically, the numbers are the same without statins now, and nowhere near the original 293. Only now, I don't have weird heart murmurs/palpitations, and I feel great.

I'd kill for your numbers right now. My cholesterol was tested a few weeks ago (~ 4 months Primal) and it was over 300). I'm hoping in a few months it will start coming down. I assume my body has a lot of healing to do.

Comment

Linny, it might not "come down," but hopefully your HDL will go up and the LDL will just be the large fluffy variety. Try not to worry!
      28, female, 5'2"
      Went primal 7/28/10: 154 lbs.
      1/12/12: 135 lbs.
      Goal: 120 lbs.

Comment

Working...
      X