Gum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gum?

I'm a gum addict and was wondering if there are any acceptable gums. Most contain aspartame so I'm guessing they should be avoided.

Have some gum if you need to. A few pieces a day shouldn't hurt.

Comment

gum is definitely a cheat for me. it's chemical, sugar-alcohol laden garbage. and i chew it.

...for shame...

Comment

God no, chew pork fat like a real man.

All joking aside a few pieces of gum isn't worth worrying over, if it makes you happy then chew a piece once in a while.
        Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
        CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Comment

go to the health food store and eat their gum

Comment

Ok thanks I don't feel so guilty now.

Comment

Just keep in mind it can exacerbate hunger issues, fire up the digestive system for food that isn't coming, it's sort of a Pavlovian thing.

Comment

There are a some chewing gums sweetened with Xylitol (beneficial to your teeth, it comes from birch bark) but you'd have to look at a health food store/natural grocery for them. Glee and Spry are the ones I know of. I get migraines from aspartame, but have noticed I have to chew a LOT of gum to trigger a headache. I avoid the super sweet fruit flavored gums for that reason--I chewed a whole pack of a mango flavored Trident in a day and sure enough--migraine. One piece of mint gum to freshen my breath isn't a problem though, so I don't sweat it.

Comment

Why has no one mentioned xylitol gum yet?

It tastes a lot better, whitens your teeth, and is one of the few sugar alcohols that are relatively fine.

Comment

We used to order a kind called Peelu. It was very good and all natural. I chew regular old orbit once or twice a week and haven't had any problem with it.
                    28, female, 5'2"
                    Went primal 7/28/10: 154 lbs.
                    1/12/12: 135 lbs.
                    Goal: 120 lbs.

Comment

I tend to pick and chew on my fingers and the insides of my cheeks when I'm stressed. The only thing that gets me to kick the habit is gum. Aspartame I think exacerbates my ADHD though, but I'm going to check out the stuff with Xylitol.

Comment

Working...
                      X