Primal Pancakes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Pancakes...

Can anyone give me a good easy recipe for Primal Pancakes...

Thanks

I could, but most people just call them burgers.

Comment

Originally posted by Croak View Post
      I could, but most people just call them burgers.
      with liver, turmeric, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic... heaven...

but srsly... if you wanted to go that route... try these: living in the ice age: Cream Cheese Pancakes

Haven't tried them myself...but thinking about it for the kiddos....
      The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
      What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
      SW 190lb
      Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
      25 Sep 2011 160lbs
      1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
      GW ~135lbs
      5'3"
      Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

if you use whey...

2scoops whey (i use chocolate or banana)
        2eggs

coconut oil in the pan and fry

done.
        "Today’s technological age is enjoyed by the fattest, laziest humans in the history of humanity." -Mark Sisson

Comment

i have tried several different recipes and they just did not turn out how i'd hoped! however, this recipe is wonderful!

1 cup almond flour
          2 eggs
          1/4 cup water
          2 Tbsp oil
          1/4 tsp salt
          2 tsp baking powder
          1 Tbsp sweetner (i use agave or honey crystals)
          1 tsp vanilla

they are a bit more fragile than regular pancakes so flip with care. i sometimes use milk instead of water. let me know what you think.

Comment

this morning,I tried:

1 egg
            1 banana
            1 tblspn coconut flour

mash up banana, add egg and flour. I had two pancakes that I served with an egg over medium on top of each. It all was quite yummy. You can also use almond flour.
            Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
            I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
            Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
            ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Comment

This recipe makes pancakes which are quite close to the real thing:

Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes
              SW: 12/28/11 - 190.5 @ 24% BF
              CW: 3/7/12 - 179 @ 21% BF
              GW: 155-160 @ 10% BF

Comment

Originally posted by primaltreehgr View Post
                i have tried several different recipes and they just did not turn out how i'd hoped! however, this recipe is wonderful!

1 cup almond flour
                2 eggs
                1/4 cup water
                2 Tbsp oil
                1/4 tsp salt
                2 tsp baking powder
                1 Tbsp sweetner (i use agave or honey crystals)
                1 tsp vanilla

they are a bit more fragile than regular pancakes so flip with care. i sometimes use milk instead of water. let me know what you think.
                I will let you know thanks!!!

Comment

Hubs likes this one, and makes it for himself a few times a week and puts savory stuff on top (like leftover meat, or avocados). It's not like a sweet pancake, but tasty in its own way.

Comment

I imagine you could make some decent pancakes with pumpkin, a couple eggs, cinnamon....
                    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Ingredients

2 bananas, mashed
                      8 eggs
                      1/2 cup coconut flour
                      2 tablespoons coconut milk
                      1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
                      1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
                      1/2 teaspoon baking soda
                      1 teaspoon vanilla

In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Whisk the eggs into the mashed banana. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Heat some coconut oil in a large frying pan and cook the pancakes 1/4 cup at a time. Flip after 2-3 minutes, when the edges of the pancakes are browned and dried looking. Cook the other side for 2-3 minutes. Serve with fresh berries or maple syrup.

Fast Paleo » Coconut Banana Pancakes - Paleo Recipe Sharing Site

My kids prefer these now! I mix in some ground flax and shredded coconut.

Comment

Paleo Pancake recipe

Paleo Pancakes « Detoxinista

Comment

Originally posted by lawyerhands View Post
                          Hubs likes this one, and makes it for himself a few times a week and puts savory stuff on top (like leftover meat, or avocados). It's not like a sweet pancake, but tasty in its own way.

Gah. Forgot to provide the link. Savory Coconut Pancakes | Nom Nom Paleo

Comment

If you're ok with rice then pancakes made with rice flour works very well.

I mix a little bit of rice flour, a few eggs, xanthan gum, baking powder and some rice milk. Makes really nice and fluffy pancakes. Sometimes I add som cocoa powder and a tiny bit of sugar if I fancy something chocolatey.
                            "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
                            Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Proud mother of twin girls!

Comment

The flapjack recipe from Elana's Pantry is the best I've found so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X