My job makes things difficult...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My job makes things difficult...

Hello primal community! Quick question. I am relatively new to the primal lifestyle, and I am wondering if my job is possibly hindering my progress. The way my job is set up, I RARELY have time to step away to eat a primal snack throughout the day. It pretty much leaves me to eating the three "standard" meals typical people eat on a daily basis. So my question is, if I am only able to eat three times a day, am I still going to get the benefits of primal eating? I need to lose about 35 pounds, and am worried if I am not able to maintain the lifestyle properly due to my job. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Peters; 02-09-2012, 08:49 AM.

a lot of the folks here eat three meals a day. you should be fine. give it a try

Comment

Three or less. Once you start switching over to fat burning, you probably won't want more than that.
      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

Three or less? I can still get the benefits of primal eating with two meals a day?

Comment

Oh, yes. You are actually better off according to some schools of thinking by eating as few meals a day as possible, as it mimics the hunter-gathering lifestyle... or Lean gain approach. Plus, you save time, and do not have to drag the food around! Small meals + snacks = CW, actually. It is very individual. I personally do horrible on the 'grazing' regimen, and never get full, always starved. With fewer bigger meals and extended fasting in the morning, yay! Plus, as you clear out sugars from your system, and up your fat and protein intake and start burning fat for fuel, your hunger will stop being devastating, but becomes short-lived and productive! Just make sure that your first meal is heavy in fat and proteins, and it will carry you 6 hours easily & save carbs for the evening.
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

You don't need to eat three or more times a day and you don't need to snack either. I eat my first meal of the day around "lunch time" and then I eat again in the evening. My first meal is small to medium in size and my second meal is large. I have lost 30+lbs in just over a month. I do eat snacks once in a while and occasionally eat a third meal. I also do about one 24 hr. fast a week when I feel so inclined.

Comment

So, whitebear, it is ok to skip breakfast? And, if you don't mind me asking, what are your typical lunch/dinner meals consisting of? Also, are fasts something I should consider doing, and what are their benefits?

Comment

Thanks for your response Leida

Comment

Technically, you can't skip breakfast- since whenever you eat first, you're breaking your fast

Fasting- IF on here- will come to you when it's time. Some people can dive into it right away, but if you're accustomed to very regular meals plus snacks, it'll probably take your metabolism a little while to be ready to handle it. The main benefit is that since your body isn't spending energy on digesting it can spend time on things like- healing! Some people do breakfast and dinner, some lunch and dinner, some just dinner- you'll figure out what works for you.
                  http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

So, Drssgchic, once I go %100 primal with my eating, what is the average time it takes for my metabolism to regulate itself and become normal? I only ask because I need to lose about 35 pounds asap, due to a possible job change, and am worried I may have trouble doing so in the next two months...

Comment

I eat once or twice a day - I'm still alive.
                      My photography:
                      http://www.swiftimages.net

Comment

Originally posted by Peters View Post
                        So, whitebear, it is ok to skip breakfast? And, if you don't mind me asking, what are your typical lunch/dinner meals consisting of? Also, are fasts something I should consider doing, and what are their benefits?
                        My first meal is usually eggs,meat/fish,fat(coconut oil,avocado,etc...) and a little vegetable. My second meal will include meat/fish,huge salad,cooked veggies and fat. I try to incorporate sardines and other fatty fish into a lot of my meals. I have a lot of weight to lose so right now I'm doing the low carb thing so I eat very few starches and fruits. As far as fasting goes I do it intuitively. Your body will tell you when it wants/needs to fast. Most people don't recommend fasting when you're just starting out but it came really natural to me.

Comment

Thanks for your response. It is extremely helpful.

Comment

I can't tell you how soon you will lose weight. This is not a quick-fix diet. That being said, some people drop weight like nobody's business right out of the gate. On the other hand, some of us are still struggling with the weight issue- but have other things that are going well for us. As you're male, you're more likely to be in the first category, but there are no guarantees.

Basically, stick with meat, veggies, a little fruit, and dairy if it doesn't give you issues, and you will see results when your body believes that it will be nourished and therefore doesn't need to hold onto the extra energy in the form of fat.

Comment

I have a desk job and have 2 meals a day... no snacks... I lost over 90 pounds...
                              March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
                              Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

Working...
                              X