Sugar in my coffee... ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar in my coffee... ?

I am not quite ready to give up my coffee yet, but I have switched to half decaf.

I use about 2tsp of raw sugar or honey per cup of coffee and I usually drink 2 cups per day, one in the morning, one in the afternoon. I am not looking for ketosis. Aside from my coffee and one piece of fresh friut, my diet is pretty low sugar. My carbs stay in the 50-90 range every day. I stopped counting after the first week, but I have a pretty good feel for things now.

Does this type of sugar consumption usually hinder weight loss if I am actively following the other principles of TBP? It is something I would eventually like to do away with, or cut back on, but not while I am still up in the middle of the night several times with a little one =)

Thanks for any insight =)

ETA: By "this type" of consumption, I mean loading myself with 2tsp of sugar in about 15 minutes twice a day.
    Last edited by spinningtales; 02-07-2012, 04:37 PM.

it would be better not to, but that's not that big a deal, to be honest.

Comment

Thanks. =)

I didn't think it was, as long as I am not loading up on other sugary crap. I am just new to this no-added sugar thing. Two months ago, it wasn't unusual for me to sit down with a venti peppermint mocha from starbucks or eat half a bag of chocolate covered cherries.

Comment

If you're still losing weight then don't worry about it unless you plateau.

Comment

Originally posted by DaisyEater View Post
          If you're still losing weight then don't worry about it unless you plateau.
          I haven't been at this very long, so I've only lost a couple pounds. If I don't see the scale moving, I will drop it. Good advice. Thank you =)

Comment

Working...
          X