Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sugar Isn't The Problem. You're The Problem.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Less fat is more reason to buy it IMO. Less fat = greater insulin response. Fat would stabilize your body and weaken the crash. I want to see what sugar overload does, so IMO go lower fat and high sugar to see how you react.

Now if it's a 2am drunk pint...get whatever the hell you want at that point. But I'm a bad influence.
    Your "but everythings a made up test" kinda falls apart here. This was actually why I was pointing out it was just an at home made up faction of a test. Actually I wasn't gonna point it out cuz I figured with 60 something pages someone already pointed out that your "test" would blunt the insulin response anyhow and provide a good influx of healthy saturated fats. Along with all the other ingredients way too many confounding factors to draw any sort of conclusions from an ice cream test for insulin sensitivities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
      Your "but everythings a made up test" kinda falls apart here. This was actually why I was pointing out it was just an at home made up faction of a test. Actually I wasn't gonna point it out cuz I figured with 60 something pages someone already pointed out that your "test" would blunt the insulin response anyhow and provide a good influx of healthy saturated fats. Along with all the other ingredients way too many confounding factors to draw any sort of conclusions from an ice cream test for insulin sensitivities.
      You're missing the point. The test is just to just eat a whole lot of unnatural, man-made sugar. If you don't crash eating lots of processed sugar in a single sitting, you're probably insulin sensitive. Picking fruit or starch would be a mistake because that's real food. A pint of B&J's, a can of soda made with sucrose, some type of gluten-free homemade cake made with rice flour and white sugar...whatever. Try something. Cherry Garcia was just an example since it's soy and gluten free and uses sugar instead of HFCS. There aren't many good examples on the grocery store shelf.
      Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

• wtf, dude you're not even making sense anymore. First you were going on and on about how "sugar isn't un-natural, it's just empty calories with no nutrients, but no anti-nutrients" and now you're saying "the test is just to eat a whole lot of unnatural, man made sugar" besides, why go through all the bullshit of eating a pint of fucking ice cream, just eat a tablespoon of some raw cane sugar?? Youre OP had a lot of good points to it, but you're contradicting yourself now
        Last edited by samiamm; 04-25-2012, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Huge information shared by ChocoTaco369 about Sugar topic.... thanks..
          And overall Nice discussion on it.. i am sorry that for i was not able to share anything regarding topic....

Comment

• My minds!!!!!!!! Too much contradictions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexis58
              I do not believe Type II Diabetes is caused by carbohydrate. At all.
              I read something before that said food does not cause diabetes.

Comment

• Wheat is toxic......... but what of someone who can consume it without any issues? Don't these "anti nutrients" only effect the nutrients in the foods it is eaten with?

Comment

• This thread....so. much. stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsa23 View Post
                    One thing that's lacking in current nutritional science is deconvolution - meaning that studies find a correlation between red meat and "bad stuff", but red meat consumption is tangled up with all sorts of other variables, and these studies do nothing towards understanding the actual root cause or underlying biochemical mechanisms.

What I mean is this:

1. We know n-3 and n-6 PUFA's are different, and have different effects on the body. The same is probably true of different types of saturated fats, but there's a serious lack of research regarding this. I'd be willing to bet that some saturated fats are perfectly healthy, and others are potentially harmful. None of those studies really compare coconut oil/MCT's versus animal fats, for instance.
                    2. Cooking. Some studies suggest it's not fats and cholesterol, so much as oxidized fats and cholesterol that may be the real villain. How do you get oxidized fats and cholesterol? Cooking. Overcooking plus exposure to oxygen. Pasteurized dairy is worse than raw in this regard, but overcooking your animal proteins is the worst. Not to mention overcooking produces heterocyclic amines, which have been associated with cancer. What food is most commonly overcooked? Yep, red meat - and I do it too. That hot grill is going to do more to damage cholesterol and fats near the surface of the meat than the chicken you bake in the oven, or fish cooked in the oven at a lower temperature - or foods that simply don't have much fat/cholesterol to oxidize. It may not be cholesterol in its basic form, but the chemical changes we induce upon it when we work with it. (And yes, certain kinds of processing exacerbate this)
                    3. Iron excess has been associated with health issues. If it's really the iron in the meat and not something else, that demands a different approach than if it's saturated fat.
                    4. Some studies fail to separate processed meat(bacon, preserved meat, etc.) from regular meat - and MOST studies don't separate beef(better) from pork(worse), for instance. And that's just the tip of the limitations of resolution of these studies.

Nutritional science really needs more work into understanding actual mechanisms and fundamental understanding, and less weak correlational studies. It wouldn't surprise me at all if some kinds of meats have negative aspects, but there's really not enough studies that look at these topics with a sufficient degree of precision to add meaningfully to the base of scientific knowledge.
                    Pretty sure the chicken and fish loaded with PUFAs is going to oxidize much more easily than the heat stable saturated fats in red meat...far worse to overcook pork/chicken, and they are most commonly overcooked.

Comment

• Originally posted by samiamm View Post
                      wtf, dude you're not even making sense anymore. First you were going on and on about how "sugar isn't un-natural, it's just empty calories with no nutrients, but no anti-nutrients" and now you're saying "the test is just to eat a whole lot of unnatural, man made sugar" besides, why go through all the bullshit of eating a pint of fucking ice cream, just eat a tablespoon of some raw cane sugar?? Youre OP had a lot of good points to it, but you're contradicting yourself now
                      Do you honestly believe that a tablespoon of raw cane sugar has the same amount of sugar as "a pint of fucking ice cream"?

ETA: If you want to test your insulin sensitivity you'll need to eat a lot more than a tablespoon of raw cane sugar.
                      Last edited by paleo-bunny; 04-26-2012, 12:45 AM. Reason: ETA
                      F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dailytribal View Post
                        Wheat is toxic......... but what of someone who can consume it without any issues? Don't these "anti nutrients" only effect the nutrients in the foods it is eaten with?
                        No one consumes wheat "without any issues". They may not have any immediate serious issues, but it's toxic for everyone. It's not IF it'll make you ill but WHEN. For some people, something else just kills them first.
                        Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

There must be damn here 100 flavors of B&J's. Many do not have corn syrup and only sugar. Pick one.

Hell, get a Haagen Dazs brand. They have Haagen Dazs-5, which only has 5 ingredients. It's literally milk, cream, egg, sugar and a flavoring (vanilla, chocolate, etc).

But in the op you say not to have too much fat with it. all haagen dazs and other bnj flavors are loaded with fat. A single serve cup of haagen dazs vanilla has 15g of fat. and those things are tiny as hell so a pnt would be in upwards of atleast 50.

Comment

No one consumes wheat "without any issues". They may not have any immediate serious issues, but it's toxic for everyone. It's not IF it'll make you ill but WHEN. For some people, something else just kills them first.
                            Is it mainly because of the gluten? What of Rice and oats?

Comment

• Originally posted by thepeanutbutterkid View Post
                              But in the op you say not to have too much fat with it. all haagen dazs and other bnj flavors are loaded with fat. A single serve cup of haagen dazs vanilla has 15g of fat. and those things are tiny as hell so a pnt would be in upwards of atleast 50.
                              If you mean so the fat doesn't distort the sugars effects then I dunno.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kilian View Post
                                This thread....so. much. stupid.
                                Well, help us out what is stupid....... help me out actually cause I wanna know so I don't get my facts mixed up.

Comment

Working...
                                X