Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who takes flax seed oil? or cooks with it, etc ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who takes flax seed oil? or cooks with it, etc ...

just curious .. ive been thinking of adding this

what benifits have you seen?

im not sure i buy that it will help me lose weight, but might help me feel better (i feel great already), or have another benifit i may be unaware of (perhaps something to make my chrons even more in control)

thanks guys/gals ...
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Is there a reason you can't take fish oil? The conversion of flax oil (ALA) to what your body needs(DHA) is not great.
    Lifting Journal

Comment

Personally, I would stay away. It's a very fragile oil (prone to rancidity and oxidation) so I would NEVER cook with it. The omega-3 is ALA, which your body can barely convert to the "active" forms (EPA and DHA). I just don't see any reason to ingest it, but maybe I'm missing something.

Comment

I just bought a bottle which I plan to use only for pan seasoning

Comment

It's useless if not damaging. Avoid.
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

perhaps i will move to fish oil instead .. can anyone recomend what to look for?
            started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Comment

I can't take fish oil due to an allergy and try to take flax oil capsules regularly, but I don't see any great benefit, so then I stop taking it for a while, pick it up again, and so the cycle continues. I also can't eat fish and seafood due to said allergy, but I figure if I stay away from junk and rein in my nut intake, what's the worst that could happen?

Comment

Originally posted by unchatenfrance View Post
                I can't take fish oil due to an allergy and try to take flax oil capsules regularly, but I don't see any great benefit, so then I stop taking it for a while, pick it up again, and so the cycle continues. I also can't eat fish and seafood due to said allergy, but I figure if I stay away from junk and rein in my nut intake, what's the worst that could happen?
                Cow brains are high in O3
                Lifting Journal

Comment

How do you keep the fish oil pills down? Every time I take one I burp up the rancid taste all day long. Yuck I hate those things

Comment

Apparently, krill oil is better for not producing the 'fishy belching' affect.
                    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

I take garden of life brand cod liver oil in lemon mint flavor. I dont mind the taste anymore. I figure its worth the benefits.

Comment

Flax oil has one of the lowest oil smoke points out of all the cooking oils. Don't cook with it. Drizzling it on salads is an option.

Originally posted by EricandLisa View Post
                        How do you keep the fish oil pills down? Every time I take one I burp up the rancid taste all day long. Yuck I hate those things
                        There's some pretty nice tasting orange ones I just bought the other week. I actually chew the tab because I like the taste.

Comment

Working...
                        X