My first lipid and CBC test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first lipid and CBC test

Hey everyone, I've been primal since the summer. I've never been big into testing because I'd rather spend that $$$ on some beef or grass fed butter (which I can eat by the spoonful)
    And I've seen great results just looking in the mirror

My curiosity got the best of me and I made an appointment for a lipid and CBC test this Wednesday in the morning. All that I know is that I'm supposed to be fasting. Anything else so that I don't screw up my test results?

I heard that I also should stop taking any supplements a day or two before and just drink water

Comment

No alcohol the day before--can skew the cholesterol, so I've read. Don't know how much that's true, but worth considering, if it's not a big deal.

Comment

Oh, sorry, I'm 20 and live in the US
        male, 5'11", ~150 lbs, etc.

Comment

I've heard that if you're supplementing with fish oil you need to cut that out 3+ days before blood draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Linny View Post
            I've heard that if you're supplementing with fish oil you need to cut that out 3+ days before blood draw.
            Funny, I ran out of my fish oil supplement on sunday anyway

Comment

Results, in mg/dL
              TC: 149
              HDL: 57
              LDL: 83
              Trig: 47
              Glucose: 66

Comment

People are saying that I only have good numbers because I'm young (20), and not because of what I eat (or don't eat) x.x
                I directed them to fat head but they said it doesn't say his numbers on the wiki page. Would anyone know what they are?

Comment

Who cares what they say? Your numbers are great - rejoice!!!
                  Started 9/15/11 at 323 pounds
                  2/16/13 at 241 pounds
                  Goal is 223 pounds or less

Comment

I don't care too much about the numbers, I feel great anyway. I just want the people that I care about to not be so cynical towards my diet (and ideally adopt it themselves).

Comment

At 21 when I last knew my test results (it was for some kind of life insurance) my Tri's were high, my LDL was high, and my HDL was low... so age may help but diet plays a much bigger role. I was SHOCKED! I knew I had a few too many sweets and I was a little overweight but didnt know it was that bad. I mean I was eating that bowl of "heart healthy" unprocessed oatmeal every morning! I was about 20lbs overweight at the time. I'm planning to get tested again this year, although last year I got tested for everything under the sun I just didnt see the results myself..but I am sure I can look at those results and compare to the new ones.
                      Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Working...
                      X