Grocery Store Rotisserie Chicken - w/ or w/o skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grocery Store Rotisserie Chicken - w/ or w/o skin

I might get a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store one of these days. My question: do I eat the skin or do I not, knowing that it's not pastured?

I think it's supposed to be eaten without the skin. Try drizzling it with melted oil instead.

The skin and fat are where the primary concentrations of toxins are held.

Comment

Eat the skin. Not eating it is like cutting the fat from a steak or taking the yolk from an egg, even if the animals they came from weren't free-range.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I hate to admit it (or do I?) but I eat those regularly. I just can't pass up a $4.99 meal that's tasty, that stuffs me, and that provides leftovers! I eat some of the skin but it's not all that appetizing in my opinion, it's not crispy at all, it's almost gelatinous.

Anyways, enjoy!

I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Comment

I usually err on the side of proper macronutrient intake and eat the skin, unless it's just too damned salty. Eating Real FoodŽ for so long has greatly lowered my taste tolerance for salt.

Comment

I eat the crunchy, yummy part with all the seasonings, but leave the gooey, snot-like globs. That's my compromise.

Comment

I'm with dragonmamma on this one but would add that I sometimes eat the softer skin with the breast meat if it's a bit dried out, otherwise my mouth can't produce enough saliva to enable me to swallow it!

Comment

OMG, I love those things. Our Wegmans makes the best chickens. It's really hard to home-cook one better.

Comment

I think I may have to go ahead and pick myself up one of these to make a nice end to survival week

My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

It's a fabulous "out" when faced with end of the week laziness. It's Friday, you're tired, and ya don't want to cook. Ordering pizza just isn't an option. Grab a chicken and you're good to go.

Comment

I like the way you think Diana. Afterall what better way to be primal than to just tear into some flesh.

My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

Too right! I can't eat one of those in the presence of company. I turn into an animal- lol.

Actually caught myself using my fingers for a moment during a date the other night. Just picking up a bit of fish, but still... I forgot my manners. :P

Comment

BAHAHAHAHA

I actually just started using my bare hands to scarf meat as of a few days ago. It is so much more awesome than using a fork and knife.

My blog

Comment

LOL, just had a funny picture of Diana going all grok-like on her fish while her date looks on in horror. Was it a first date?

I pick up the occasional rotisserie chicken myself. It is hard to resist digging in as soon as I get home (and I rarely resist). I'm sure the seasonings are not so great - i bet there is a lot of MSG - but the occasional splurge is fine. If you pop it in the oven for a bit, the skin gets nice and crispy again.

Comment

Eat the skin, but watch the ingredients. At our Wal-Mart, there are 5-6 different types of rotisserie chickens being sold, but only one of them contains no corn, wheat, MSG, and whatnot. Gotta be really careful on what they put into the chicken.

Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
                              Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
                              I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

Comment

Working...
                              X