Eating the forbidden foods...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating the forbidden foods...

How can you not love a nutrition plan that lets you eat all the stuff you've restrained on all your life...

butter

fatty meats

eggs

all kinds of nuts

cheese and whole milk

Full fat rules!

haha cheers!

Comment

Amen to that.

Comment

Something the over-40 crowd can appreciate more, I'm sure, than us younguns who haven't yet been harrassed by our doctors about heart health.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I mean all those years of eating boneless, skinless chicken and brown rice, skim milk, sandwich on wheat bread with low fat mayo.... blah!

Give me bacon!

Comment

I'm the opposite I'm really sad that this way of eating (obviously) works for people--i want my grains and soymilk back!

Comment

What! Hippie mama, how long have you been primal?

On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

BACONBACONBACONBACON.

Comment

I'm with kuno1chi on this one.

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

Soymilk?!? try whole milk.

Comment

yeah soymilk = ew. I "liked" it for a period of time in college but um... no.

Sometimes I think we condition ourselves to THINK we're enjoying something ("OMG fat-free sour cream tastes EXACTLY like the real thing! And look at all the calories I'm saving!" was me pre-primal) but once we re-evaluate it's easy to see (and taste) that we're deceiving ourselves.

There is a reason I lick the spoon now after putting sour cream in/on something... and didn't when it was fat-free "sour cream."

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

With ya on that, FNW.

Body just WANTS it...who am I to argue?

Comment

heck yeah... you know that CW-riddled pregnancy board I frequent and sometimes bitch about?

There was a girl on there who was OMGSOEMBARASSED to admit that she had been craving full-fat sour cream, straight out of the tub like yogurt. And I was like...mmm... sounds good. And so healthy!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Jess: 2 days, lol.

Comment

Heehee, FNW, that's one of the (few, imho) likeable things about pregnancy- no one questions me when I put LOTS of butter on my broccoli or heavy cream in my coffee.

I wholeheartedly agree with the basis of this thread. I've never been a big sugar-craver, but I've always wanted more butter/cream/cheese/nuts. And, it turns out, I love steak! I just never "allowed" myself to eat it.

Comment

Working...
                              X