I Love COCONUTS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love COCONUTS

The health benefits of coconut milk/meat are well known, which makes them even more delectable. My Phillipino nanny recommended trying the young ones. I didn't recognize the coconut when delivered because it was a white shaped cylinder with a point on it. Needless to say, the milk was fantastic....way beyond Vita Coco, Zico, Naked. I was somewhat disappointed with the moist, yet hard and rubbery meat. My nanny said it wasn't really young....."the meat should be like pudding". I purchased from Melissa's through Amazon. I'll try Asian markets next to ensure freshness and avoid the $35 freight charge. Just sharing.
    -Steve

I love coconuts too, but there's one big drawback:

Oh, and that stuff you drank? That's coconut WATER, not milk. Milk is something made out of coconut meat.
    Last edited by Croak; 02-01-2012, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Thank god for Thailand. there's an abundance of fresh coconuts everywhere! The yummiest ones are ones that are put in a fire and cooked then cooled. the liquid inside is so smokey and naturally sweet. YUM.

My Journal in Paleo Eating

Comment

Raw young coconuts are the best!
        The meat is like a firm jelly and the water is awesome.

Comment

Now that's funny!
          -Steve

Comment

Yeah, that's how my Phillipino nanny described it "like jelly".
            -Steve

Comment

I've tried coconut water and just cannot develop a taste for it yet. Any ideas?

Comment

I've tried several brands and Vita Coco has the best flavor. Also, sweet young coconuts have excellent water.
                -Steve

Comment

Mmmm ... Memories of Bali where a split coconut cost 25 cents ...

Comment

I remember living in the Philippines and my grandfather would pick the coconuts from the trees in our yard and literally take them apart with a Bolo knife. The juice was so refreshing on a hot day. Now living in the US its just not the same, but you can still find some pretty decent young coconuts at Asian markets.
                    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Working...
                    X