Not losing fat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not losing fat

I don't count calories because when I do, it just makes me insane&depressed. I eat good fats, lots of protein&lots of veggies. Why am I not losing any fat? I read the "17 Reasons You're Not Losing Weight" article and I'm doing everything I should, but haven't lost any fat. If anything, I feel I look fatter. =(

WTF??? Am I the only PBer with this issue? It seems so wrong to me =(
    Heaviest - 4/28/11 - 190
    - 1/12 - 171.4
    - 07/12 - 160&got pregnant!
    - 11/12 - 150ish
    Losing fat but gaining baby? WOO!
    Goal - healthy, happy baby and happy mama!

Do you eat dairy? Nuts? Nightshades? Those may be some problems for you if you're consuming them.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

No dairy, no nuts, rarely any fruit&when I do eat fruit it's blueberries. I am so frustrated!!! I'm not seeing any progress whatsoever!!! Doesn't matter if I eat more fat or more protein - nothing!
      Heaviest - 4/28/11 - 190
      - 1/12 - 171.4
      - 11/12 - 150ish

Comment

All I eat is meat, vegetables&tuna. If I cook anything, it's in olive oil. I eat avocado when I crave it. which is 1-2 times a week. Cut out dairy&nuts hoping it would help. No idea what nightshades are. I don't even eat starchy veggies like potatoes. I've been wanting to since I heard they could reduce my sweet tooth cravings but haven't given it a try yet since I haven't been seeing ANY results. I feel so fat and gross and I just want to be lean. I know it's not just gonna fall off but it'd be nice to see SOME results.
        Heaviest - 4/28/11 - 190
        - 1/12 - 171.4
        - 11/12 - 150ish

Comment

Originally posted by lolawolf View Post
          I don't count calories because when I do, it just makes me insane&depressed. I eat good fats, lots of protein&lots of veggies. Why am I not losing any fat? I read the "17 Reasons You're Not Losing Weight" article and I'm doing everything I should, but haven't lost any fat. If anything, I feel I look fatter. =(

You're not the only one. I also didn't lose any weight at all on Primal, until I started counting calories. Found out I was eating 1600-1700 a day on the "unweighed unmeasured" system. Lowered calories to 1400 a day and have started losing - slowly. I know calorie counting is a pain but you may need to do it for a few days just to see where you're at. I also allow myself some sort of "treat" once per week - not going crazy - without slowing my loss, in fact, I am doing better than when I was eating perfect 100% of the time.

Are you strength training?
          "For the great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie—deliberate, contrived, and dishonest—but the myth—persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic ... we enjoy the comfort of opinions without the discomfort of thought."
          ---John F. Kennedy

Comment

Have you tried IF? You'll probably naturally eat less without worrying about counting calories. Or you could just try to eat smaller portions than you have been.
            $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

How long have you been primal?

Comment

Give us a layout of a couple of your days of meals and snacks (and beverages).
                Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Restrict calories. Sometimes you have to do it to lose weight. I know I do. I maintained on PB but didn't lose any weight.

Check out this thread by paleobird: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29501.html
                  Prodistat
                  Poke it quickly, with a stick.

Comment

Originally posted by gempdx44 View Post

Are you strength training?
                    This...Intense physical activity isn't an option if you are looking to make continual progress.

Comment

How long have you been at it? You're first post here was 10 days ago asking how to lose 30 pounds in 2 months.

I mention this for two reasons.
                      1) It takes time. Especially at the very beginning. It took my body a couple weeks to realize what we were doing. I didnt see any results until I got past the two week long sugar withdrawals headache. I lost the largest chunk of my weight in that 3-5 month range.
                      2) Don't stress about it. It's going to make it harder and slower.

You should check out the Whole30. That's a phenominal place to start. A nice 30 day plan to wipe the slate clean, calmly and collectively. It has a lot of really good advice, for example, don't look at a scale or a mirror for 30 days. Not even for a second. Get on the 30 day plan, stick to it 100%, and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by lolawolf View Post

You've been misled into thinking you don't need to count calories. If you are not losing you have to determine how much you are eating.

Comment

Haven't really done more with IF than skipping a meal, I get way too hungry&start getting nauseous.
                          Been doing primal a few weeks and did Atkins before that. No results with Atkins either. I was exercising but turns out I was doing way too much, so I took a break for a week - other than picking up&playing with my son.
                          I can't imagine eating any less than I do now. I feel like I eat enough mostly because it's a lot of fat&protein that takes up my calorie breakdown but I'm still hungry very often. I'm not sure what that's about and I've upped my fat intake to see if it would help.
                          I've been on my period for a couple of days - had my birth control removed on friday but other than that, nothing's changed from my normal routine.
                          A basic breakdown of food&beverage every day, sometimes a lil more, sometimes a lil less and I've been playing with primal recipes lately. Anyway, I'll end up eating 4-6 80/20 beef patties with a cup or 2 of veggies depending on how hungry I am. Some days, like today, I'll try an avocado to see if it makes me feel fuller but it doesn't. The only thing I drink is water

So I'm at a loss. I guess I should start counting calories again but then primal would be just as enjoyable as anything else and that's not enjoyable at all. Plus, I'm not sure why I feel so hungry all of the time, but I can't imagine my body would appreciate it if I ate less. Even right now, I ate a few hours ago but my stomach feels like it hasn't had food for a couple of days.

Been primal for close to a month but had a few slip up days.
                          Heaviest - 4/28/11 - 190
                          - 1/12 - 171.4
                          - 11/12 - 150ish

Comment

You are probably all hormonal with having birth control removed on Friday. You may do better with more carbs and less fat.

Comment

Having to count calories also makes me feel like I can't enjoy homemade recipes. I'll have to count all the cals in all the ingredients and divide em by however much I eat.I'm starting to think I'm just destines to be fat forever no matter what I do.

Why am I so hungry?!?! and I need to eat less?? When a week ago everyone I talked to was telling me to eat more. So confused!
                              Heaviest - 4/28/11 - 190
                              - 1/12 - 171.4
                              - 11/12 - 150ish

Comment

Working...
                              X