Diverculousus or diverculitis primal diet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diverculousus or diverculitis primal diet

Just had my first colonoscopy today and diverculosis was identified. Preliminary research reading suggests prior bad eating habits are a potential cause and that increased fiber through grains and vegetables may assist in prevention.

Is there a consensus on this forum as to the better source of fiber between bran, oats, etc and striclty vegetables? If vegetables, which ones? And, is there any knowledge about the contributory value of blueberries and nuts, etc?

I would have to say green leafy veggies. I am also interested to hear suggestions on this topic as my wife was recently diagnosed with diverticulitis.

Comment

PLEASE, read this: Gut Sense: Diverticulosis and diverticulitis

You can die from diverticulitis. Diverticulas can't be healed, they are permanent. Fiber is the last thing you need to "assist prevention". Do NOT trust CW on this one. READ THE LINK!

Comment

Originally posted by Issabeau View Post
        PLEASE, read this: Gut Sense: Diverticulosis and diverticulitis

You can die from diverticulitis. Diverticulas can't be healed, they are permanent. Fiber is the last thing you need to "assist prevention". Do NOT trust CW on this one. READ THE LINK!
        This ^

Seriously, this.
        Durp.

Comment

Working...
        X