4 days in, feeling like crap this morning :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 days in, feeling like crap this morning :(

5 days in, 4 lbs lost..I am not under eating (probably water weight). But I feel really sick this morning, like I need to run to the loo all the time...

any ideas/help for me?

EDIT: Just threw up just loads of water bluughhh

Suddenly a morning Fryup does not sound so good.
    Last edited by SmokingKipper; 01-30-2012, 11:46 PM.

Keep up your fluid intake and double check your daily eating. I'm sure it's just your body (and gut flora) trying to adapt to the new lifestyle.
    Fasting Evangelist - Embrace nothing, get everything.

Comment

Perhaps have berries and yoghurt ( wuith coconut cream) very starty, and it should be easy to digest.

it does take a little time for your body to work out what is should be digesting.

After a month I sometimes feel a bit odd ( but far less so than after eating suggary rubbish in the past) and this feeling is lessening all the time.

Hang in there :-)

Comment

Cheers all. Been throwing up a few more times, and just booked the day off of work.

Went to bed and slept for a few hours. Woke and I don't feel as nauseous any more. Certainly wont be eating anytime soon though.

My daily eating has so far not been too adventurous. For the first week I bought a load of fresh sausages, bacon, hamburgers, eggs, chicken and steaks...And loads of carrots, lettuce, onion, mushrooms, parsnip, tomato.

So that is the only food stuff I have eaten. Basically either a fry up, an omelette, or a meat with loads of veg.

One thing I have been thinking of actually, I made a hamburger and some veg for a meal, but made 2 lots so I could have some for work the next day....but I forgot to put it in the fridge over night...The next day I just took it to work and ate it...I guess there would have been more bacteria on it, but I figured I could handle it....would this be okay, or could this be causing my sickness? (this was about 24 hours ago since I ate the meal)

Sorry for long post.

Comment

How crazy would be if I went to the chippy for some fried chips (umm fried? - but thick potatoes) My body is craving them like mad at the moment

Comment

LOL yes...you probably have given yourself a nice bout of food poisoning buddy! Keep up the fluids, try to eat something simple - a banana is really good, some plain steamed veg or the best one is some grilled/roasted chicken breast with no seasoning.

And next time, PUT IT IN THE FRIDGE!

My Journal in Paleo Eating

Comment

Hehe, fair enough. I just figured it would be ok. Just craving fried chips at the moment

Comment

Intermittent food poisoning is not a primal-approved method of weight loss! Get well soon.
                F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Whoops. I'm gonna guess food poisoning for sure. Just get plenty of fluids (water, broth, unsweetened tea) and fast until you feel better. I happened to catch a stomach virus the same week I started primal. I felt so much better fasting than if I had tried to eat.

Comment

If you're craving fried chips you could've also given yourself protein poisoning. Did you eat all the fat with the sausages, burger, bacon, etc? It takes a lot of fat to balance lean things like chicken breast, lean burger, and stuff like that.

I think the food poisoning is more likely considering things, though. Protein poisoning will make you crave highly fatty stuff like fried chips.

Comment

Working...
                    X