Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pizza toppings nutritional information estimating.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza toppings nutritional information estimating.

Recently I have been in situations where I am served large amounts of pizza, and am forced to scrape the delicious toppings off (usually cheese/beef/chicken/bacon mixtures), and make due with a bowl of meat and cheese. Usually, I eat just enough to be full (6-7 pieces worth) and don't feel like I just ate a lot of carbohydrates. However for the purposes of my food log I am trying to estimate the calories and carbohydrates in each piece.

One piece normally bread and all including the toppings is estimated at 250-300 calories and 34 carbohydrates depending on the type of crust, toppings, and size of pizza.

So far I figure the following is a semi-accurate per slice on a large pizza if you scrape the toppings into a meat salad:

- 175-200 calories in toppings per slice.
    - 2g from the meat choice, bacon or beef, chicken. Add 3 if it has a combination of veggies.
    - 3g per piece from the sugar in the red sauce usually baked into the toppings in abundance and depending on who it is from.
    - 2-3g for cheese. Most places use shredded mozzarella/cheddar.

I think these estimates are pretty lenient, but I am looking for other opinions and correctons based on your own experiences.

Thanks!

Too many variables. Just curious, what kind of situations are you in where you're forced to eat pizza?

Comment

this isn't a keto diet...

you gotta cut that crap out. how are you 'forced' to eat pizza? and no, i have no clue what the nutritional value is of the scraped-off shit.

Comment

Eat the whole slice of pizza if you can or order gluten free. You can eat a cheat meal once a week if you wanted to.

Comment

Is there a salad bar available? That may have some better options. If so, perhaps sneak in some boiled eggs and a can of tuna and add them to a large bowl of raw salad vegetables.

If not, you'd be better off eating appropriate food you prepared yourself either before or after, and just asking for a black coffee at the meal.

Is this work-related forced pizza consumption, where the company is paying, by any chance?
          F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

I worked at a place where we had regular 'pizza lunches' that the company paid for. I didn't eat anything (drank a bottle of water), and no one cared. I normally didn't eat lunch, but if I did, I would just have brought my own to those lunches. No one can 'force' me to eat anything I don't want to eat.

Comment

Is this like a freshman hazing ritual where if you don't eat the pizza they'll shave your head on one side or something? I don't understand the premise - if this is frequent enough to require calculating in fitday, your priority has to be to find a way out of the situation.
              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Say "no thank you." And even explain why if they give questioning looks (and they probably already give you questioning looks b/c fo scraping everything into a bowl.
                Making adventure out of this thing called life

Comment

Working...
                X