Orgreenic cookware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orgreenic cookware

Anyone out there tried any of the Orgreenic cookware? Claims to be non toxic and non stick. I really miss non stick cookware, although my cast iron is pretty well seasoned by now.

Chemistry of Cast Iron Seasoning: A Science-Based How-To

Properly season your cast iron pan and it should be just as good if not better.

Comment

Le Creuset would likely be a better option. All-Clad stainless steel is fine for me with plenty of fat and lowish heat.

Comment

I have two amazingly seasoned cast iron pans, but I actually bought one of the orgreenic pans and I freaking love it. Nothing sticks to it. NOTHING.

It's worth getting at least one, since they are only 20 bucks. I love my cast iron for meats and whatnot, but honestly being able to fry and egg and flip it like it's floating on air is freaking amazing.

Comment

I was extremly taken with the new technology offer by the O-greenic and Kashi-blue frying pans. I loathe buying from those late night infomercials. My wife and I had a beautiful set of Pampered Chef pans we bought about 15 years ago that were past wearing out. We had a gift card for Target so off we went. She wanted to use it on a set of Caphalons, but bought a set of pans similar to the O-greenic style. They are black with a gray interior and called Green+Life. They are fantastic, nothing sticks to them. If I pour some olive oil in them to cook with, it doesn't pool up and then spread. It beads up like water on a freshly waxed car.

I wanted to go with a product that had a local representation if I had a problem, even if it is a big box store. Before marriage, I was a big advocate of cast iron, but my wife didn't like hefting them to the stove and back.
          Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
          I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
          Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
          ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Comment

Le Creuset and Staub.
            These are enamelled cast iron and Made in France without toxins that leach into food. Enamel made in China and Mexico has Lead in it.
            Buy from these 2 brands and you won't be disappointed. The hamburgers and steaks I've cooked in my Staub pan had a totally different smell and taste, compared to a Teflon pan you can buy at any supermarket.

And, cooking with these 2 brands will build muscle because they're HEAVY ! You can even take them camping and put over open fires...also safe to bake in oven with.

Comment

Why do you need nonstick if you're primal?

Get the good stuff if you can afford it: Le Crueset and All-Clad Stainless. Cuisinart's posts and pans are a good second place. Buying cheap will cost money in the long run.
              5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

Why wouldn't you want to have non-stick if you're primal?

I have Le Crueset and Orgreenic pans. They both have their place.

Comment

Originally posted by jkr View Post
                  Le Creuset would likely be a better option. All-Clad stainless steel is fine for me with plenty of fat and lowish heat.
                  +100000. I use nothing else, ever since Mark did blog post on cookware. I am always on the hunt for both those at TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshall's etc. and you can get factory seconds for great prices.

I think there is an entire generation who was raised in the fat phobic era and used nothing but Teflon and Pam spray. Ever peek into a real restaraunt kitchen? The stainless ain't shiny, and there is no Teflon anywhere. Clarified butter will not smoke near as bad as coconut oil and you can get an omelette to not stick with very little practice.

Just now got email announcing this sale. I signed up for email on deals. You just have to like cobalt lol.
                  I bought all mine in rainbow order. When I want a soup pan I know it's yellow, for chili it's flame, and for a grilled steak .. Well you get it. Here is the link:
                  http://cookware.lecreuset.com/cookwa...mpaign=heroimg

Oh, Oxide. Cuisinart enamel cast iron is domestic made but their stainless is made in China.

As is ogreenic sadly. I do not trust anything from China that comes in contact with me, my food or my dog.
                  Last edited by Snauzoo; 01-28-2012, 03:56 PM.

Comment

The one thing I always like nonstick for was cooking eggs. Even the best seasoned cast iron skillet is not as good, and cast iron has very poor heat conduction, which is particularly problematic when cooking omelettes or fried eggs. Le Creuset is okay, too, but nothing would give me the same results as a good non-stick. Then I found out about carbon steel pans. They are cheap, they aren't too pretty, but when seasoned like cast iron they are incredible. Eggs simply won't stick to them, and they distribute heat quite well. They're available on amazon, and I assume at various stores. Just make sure you're not getting a cheap aluminum restaurant pan, which looks very similar but weighs about a third as much and will grab anything you put in it and refuse to let go until you take a cold chisel to it.

Comment

Originally posted by oxide View Post
                      Why do you need nonstick if you're primal?

Get the good stuff if you can afford it: Le Crueset and All-Clad Stainless. Cuisinart's posts and pans are a good second place. Buying cheap will cost money in the long run.
                      I like to cook lots of different things, and just like I wouldn't use a screwdriver to hammer nails, I wouldn't use cast-iron or stainless to cook every item that goes through my kitchen.

For 20 bucks, I really enjoy the orgreenic pan.

Comment

I've been using Cuisinart GreenGourmet non-stick pans (stainless exterior) for about a year now. Started with the 8" skillet and hubby was fighting me for it so I bought another 8" to save our marriage...then bought the 12" too...then also ordered the 10" for my beautiful 3 egg omelettes. We still fight over them. My only caution is when we let our beagle lick the cooled-down pan, he has scratched the top edges of it trying to get every last speck of meat out of it. Otherwise, I love them! I use stainless steel for everything else. You still need to use butter or oil when you cook eggs--I saw a review where someone was pizzed the pan wasn't completely "non-stick" when cooking without oil. Duh. I would like to know if there is an equivalent out there so I can pick up a few more for less $$! I loved mine so much I gave each of my married kids an 8" too. I've been eyeing the 14inch electric skillet cuz we also fight over burners when we cook our separate breakfasts...I'm mostly paleo/primal (bacon) and he's mostly CW (oatmeal).

Comment

What are they made out of? I saw some the other day that stated "non-toxic" and were made out of ceramic.
                          Last edited by Bosnic; 01-29-2012, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I bought a ceramic nonstick fry pan at the grocery store for $19, mostly out of curiosity and I really like it. I don't remember the brand but on the bottom it says Contemporary Cooking and aeternum. I still use some fat for cooking and it's great for eggs and I like it for panfrying steaks and chops and it's a breeze for cleaning up. It seems to cook just as well as other pans at a lower heat. I used to use cast iron a lot, but I'm not sure I need all the iron in my diet and the weight has gotten hard on my wrists. I use stainless pots for cooking everything else.
                            Last edited by Lynna; 01-29-2012, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosnic View Post
                              What are they made out of? I saw some the other day that stated "non-toxic" and were made out of ceramic.
                              "Exclusive Culinary Ceramica Nonstick Technology is PTFE/PFOA-free and the petroleum-free ceramic-based nonstick interior helps to reduce oil consumption and preserve the environment. It has professional true tri-ply construction that features an aluminum alloy core bonded to an induction-ready stainless steel exterior and a stainless steel interior with our Exclusive Cuisinart Ceramica nonstick surface for superior heat conductivity."

Amazon.com: Cuisinart GGT22-20 GreenGourmet Tri-Ply Stainless 8-Inch Open Skillet: Kitchen & Dining

Comment

Working...
                              X