No announcement yet.

The Solution to Fogotten Lunches: Primal Fast Food Choices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I'm out and about and starving for lunch I'll run through In-N-Out and get a double-double protein style (wrapped in lettuce, no bun) and no dressing or condiments. Delicious option but I know In-N-Outs are pretty much limited to the west coast.

Comment

here is my real world solution. i can go to an indian or thai buffet and get just various meats and vegtables. no grain (passing on the nan bread is a real exercise in self flagellation),legumes or dairy. when i must or want to eat out or eat dinner at a CW friends,i just pass on the bad 3 and don't sweat what things are cooked in or with. i minimize eating out ($ also an issue). but,having a somewhat real social life and friends who don't think i'm TOO weird mattter. personally,i use these times as my 10% fudge factor.

Comment

I like Boston Market, get a quater white chiken,

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
          If on the road:

Wendy's Baconator -- toss the bread away
          Jack in the Box -- Chicken Fajita Pita x2 -- toss the pita
          McDonald's breakfast -- Egg McMuffin x2 -- toss the bread
          some sort of Mexican taqueria -- carnitas, chx or beef fajitas, many other options -- toss the tortillas

my non-CW nutritionist said not to eat any "beef" at McDonald's -- she said it basically cannot even actually be considered beef at this point (but Wendy's is)

Chipotle bowl is a great choice, too.
          Forget the bacon and egg muffin and get the breakfast wrap without sauce (if its available). Then unroll it and and don't bother eating the wrap.

In Aus, Macca's claims their beef is 100% and I used to throw the bun away and eat the beef but it was making me sick. If there is nothing but beef in their pattie than it must the oil they cook it in. Also, I think their cheese would be great for holding bricks together, but I don't think its good for your digestive system.
          A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

I usually just get a bacon burger with no bun or sauce (if it has one). Ask for a vegetable instead of the fries and get a small house salad with blue cheese dressing. Yea the dressing has soy in it but I think this meal is pretty damn good as far as being primal is concerned. Tastes good and is filling
            "Live Free or Die"

Comment

I love how, when you order the Carl's Jr Low-Carb Burger, they always ask, "Do you want fries with that?"

Comment

Another vote for chipotle. I go there once or twice a week it seems. With the healthier meat selection, fresh guac, and selection of veggies (peppers, onions, tomatoes, romaine) all for about $6 its a winner in my book

Comment

I'm very limited in any type of fast food places out here. Have a KFC and Pizza Hut close by. Pizze Hut is pretty well out, I have been known to hit KFC, buy a bunch of chicken and removed the breaded skin. They do not have the baked KFC chicken in Egypt. In Cairo, when I go in, Burger King triple wopper, ditch the bread and eat the meat and veggies.
                  Randal
                  AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                  Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                  http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

If you have a nearby kebab shop then buy the kebab, unroll it and eat everything with a fork.
                    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Fuddruckers Wild menu
                      Elk
                      Bison
                      Wild Salmon
                      Wild Boar

Comment

chipolte carnitas burrito bowl! double the veg and pile on the guac, no rice or beans. yum! this is a great option! they use fairly ethically raised meats for a fast food joint.

Comment

Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
                          I love how, when you order the Carl's Jr Low-Carb Burger, they always ask, "Do you want fries with that?"
                          Perhaps you should reply "yes, but only low carb fries"

On a side note, is the Carl's Jr. Low-Carb Burger a viable Primal Choice (obviously not strictly Primal, but in a pinch I mean?)

Comment

Originally posted by jostle View Post
                            My favorite is lb of brisket, 1/4 lb of sausage, bag of pickles from a local BBQ place.

Me too! I order brisket and pickles as my go-to rescue meal. I'm also a fan of a burger in a bowl (side salad from anywhere with a burger thrown on top), original rotisserie chicken, chipotle (although pretty much everything has soy in it), steamed shrimp from the grocery (I won't eat this at lunch because it stinks but I do get them to steam some for me if I didn't meal plan and need dinner in a hurry). I also hit Waffle House for breakfast of eggs and bunch of meat. I travel some for work so I end up eating this kind of stuff more than I should When I travel locally, I bring my lunch and stop at a gas station to reheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
                              Forget the bacon and egg muffin and get the breakfast wrap without sauce (if its available). Then unroll it and and don't bother eating the wrap.

In Aus, Macca's claims their beef is 100% and I used to throw the bun away and eat the beef but it was making me sick. If there is nothing but beef in their pattie than it must the oil they cook it in. Also, I think their cheese would be great for holding bricks together, but I don't think its good for your digestive system.
                              In the US, ALL of their meat contains soy...even their 100% angus patties. I've checked each of the options because my son has a soy allergy. There's virtually nothing he could eat at McDonalds except the apples (minus the carmel sauce) and the ice cream (minus the cone) because everything else contains soy.

Comment

Originally posted by kimmie View Post
                                In the US, ALL of their meat contains soy...even their 100% angus patties. I've checked each of the options because my son has a soy allergy. There's virtually nothing he could eat at McDonalds except the apples (minus the carmel sauce) and the ice cream (minus the cone) because everything else contains soy.
                                as far as i can tell mcdonalds doesnt use soy in their regular hamburger patties. curious where you got your info?

per their website :

100% Beef Patty:
                                100% pure USDA inspected beef; no fillers, no extenders. Prepared with grill seasoning (salt, black pepper).

they do use soybean oil in their angus seasoning though
                                Primal Chaos
                                37yo 6'5"
                                6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
                                current 338lbs 49" waist
                                goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

Working...
                                X