Kerrygold Butter Prices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerrygold Butter Prices

Can you tell me where you buy your Kerrygold (or other grass fed) butter and how much you pay for it? What part of the country are you in?

I am in an outer suburb Portland, OR and I have checked the two grocery stores closest to me and they want $5.50 for an 8oz block. This feels really expensive to me. Is that what you all pay for it?

I am in Germany, and a 250g-bar of Kerrygold costs me about 1,70 EUR in a regular supermarket. If it's a special offer, you can get it for about 1,20 EUR.
    Turnstone's world - not really a journal...

Comment

Trader Joe's in Charlotte NC $2.79. Supermarkets $5.00.

Comment

I agree it's pricey but damn is that stuff GOOD!

Comment

Also in NC, and both Trader Joe's and Whole Foods has Kerrygold for under $3.00.

Comment

Santa Rosa (N. California) Costco: $6.69 for the 17.6-oz container of whipped Kerrygold.

Comment

Google is your friend

If you're going to pay that much for butter, instead of shipping from Ireland, why not go Portland local:

Jacob's Creamery has grass-fed Jersey cow butter, which you can buy in Shemanski Park and other local markets: jacobscreamery.com

Product Search v1.0

Jacobs Creamery-Handcrafted Artisan Cheeses

Failing that, yes, Trader Joe's is probably the place to go.
              5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

I pay 2.69 for 8 oz.
                Lifting Journal

Comment

$2.79/8 oz at Trader Joe's. That is unbelievably cheap, bordering on half the price anywhere else.
                  Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

I'm in the UK and it sells in my local Asda (walmart?) for 1.30 ish, but its sometimes on offer for 1 every so often.
                    Last edited by UK Dave; 01-24-2012, 07:39 AM.

Comment

$2.69 at Trader Joes, and I get a local butter that is maybe 6.50 a lb at the farmers market. The Kerrygold is really good compared to the local butter though.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Laura B View Post
                        Trader Joe's in Charlotte NC $2.79. Supermarkets $5.00.
                        Same deal in NYC/NJ ... I paid the $5 at Shoprite then ChocoTaco told me Trader Joe's prices are the same everywhere so I went to the NYC one and indeed. I bought 10, 5 salted, 5 unsalted. Freezer baby.
                        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

I suggest we delete this thread before TJ's sees it! I fn love Kerrygold now, other butters really suck compared to it.
                          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Its been on sale at whole foods for a couple months at $2.18. I dont shop for much at whole foods, but when I do, I get 4 pounds of butter and 3 jars if pickles.

Comment

I thought I would compare the prices with those in Ireland.

At Tesco Ireland 225g is 1.69 euro
                              450g is 2.95 euro.

Convert to US dollars. for 250g is $2.19
                              for 450g is $3.82

So actually the poor souls in Ireland are paying the equivalent, if not in reality more for the same thing. You guys should be paying more for shipping etc, but generally you aren't except for the OP.

It is interesting it is the same price in Germany as in Ireland.

I am sure there is lesson in this somewhere, but I am not sure what it is. Maybe the efficiency of Germany compared to other EU countries.

Enjoy your butter.
                              Life. Be in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X