Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this good deal on Vitamin D3?

GNC Vitamin D-3 5000 - GNC - GNC

2 for $10. Is this a good brand to buy? I always though softgell vit. D is better for you?

thanks!

Not good. You must insist on the softgel with Olive Oil ( Not Soy Oil )

This is a good example:
    Healthy Origins, Vitamin D3, 5,000 IU, 360 Softgels - iHerb.com

Grizz

Comment

I had a very difficult time correcting my deficiency with D3 pills. When I switched to D3 drops in olive oil my levels went up very quickly. I think some people do fine on the pills though.
      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post

This is a good example:

Grizz
        awesome, better deal than I had. So is it essential you take it with olive oil in the capsule?

Comment

Originally posted by Brent* View Post
          awesome, better deal than I had. So is it essential you take it with olive oil in the capsule?
          Most softgels have soybean oil packaged in the capsule. That brand(which I started using recently) is the only one I could find that used olive oil and the price, for what is almost essentially a years supply(assuming you take just one a day), is great too.

Comment

If you are truly on a Paleo Diet, then you avoid ANYTHING from the soybean. ESPECIALLY SOY OIL.

Soy Oil = BAD Choice
            Olive oil = Health Choice

Grizz

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post

This is a good example:

Grizz
              This is what I take too.

If you're REALLY forgetful about taking pills, or prefer to take pills less often, I was just made aware that this brand makes a 10,000 IU as well. So you could take that every other day instead.
              I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

vitamin d3 can suck one

Comment

Apparently I have the bad kind here but can't really afford to throw them out. They're such tiny little capsules I can't imagine the amount of soybean oil in them would be harmful? Also, isn't pure olive oil also heavily refined?

Comment

Originally posted by Dig62 View Post
                    Apparently I have the bad kind here but can't really afford to throw them out. They're such tiny little capsules I can't imagine the amount of soybean oil in them would be harmful? Also, isn't pure olive oil also heavily refined?
                    Don't stress it, increase dose by 50% and finish them. Then get the proper kind.

Comment

Cod Liver Oil FTW 500ml for $10
                      800IU Vitamin D per 10mls

Comment

Should I be taking omega 3 capsules along with my vitamin D? I don't get a ton of fish in my diet....

Comment

Should I be taking omega 3 capsules along with my vitamin D? I don't get a ton of fish in my diet....
                          All nutrients should be covered in a diet, so Yes.

That's another reason I mentioned Cod Liver Oil because it Gives you the Vitamin D, A (retinol) and Omega 3s. It's more 'whole' in my opinion than isolated vitamins or other fish oils.

Comment

Originally posted by waynebw View Post
                            All nutrients should be covered in a diet, so Yes.

That's another reason I mentioned Cod Liver Oil because it Gives you the Vitamin D, A (retinol) and Omega 3s. It's more 'whole' in my opinion than isolated vitamins or other fish oils.

hmm...may have to try that cod liver. Though it sounds disgusting and I'm prone to burping up fish oil...

so 800ml of D3 per capsule? So I probably need 5-6 capsules a day if I understand this right...? I'm aiming for 5000IU a day, considering my numbers are incredibly low (Seattle it is).

Comment

For some people you cannot get enough D from cod liver oil alone without getting too much A.
                              Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Working...
                              X