No announcement yet.

Gastric bypass!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those picts look good. There are a few good ideas there Spam fries --- hmmm.......

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

Ugh, cochicken. That's just wrong. Quick, give me something else to think about.

Comment

Blended KFC:

What.

The.

#%@*.

Seriously, wouldn't that just be like drinking chunky fryolator grease?

Seeing television commercials for the lap band makes me sad for the future of humanity. If the surgery is used as a life-saving emergency treatment, then fine, I get it. But to wage an advertising campaign insinuates that people need to be convinced to use the product, which exposes the unnecessary nature of the lap band procedure. Then again, that is exactly what disgusts me about all prescription drug advertisements. Purposeful marketing is built upon suggestibility and the creation of a false void which the product can miraculously fill; is this seriously an acceptable method of handling health care in our society? We market medicine for someone's profit rather than for someone's health?

Comment

I can't believe how this un-Grok post keeps going! A life of its own.

Gastric bypass and all these other options are just reflective of our Western, and especially American perspective of solving problems with technology. Hmmmmm.....wonder why our American Indians never needed rubber bands or surgery????

Comment

Because the Native Americans ate lots and lots of corn. .....confustion setting in... brain is seizing... ahhhhh!

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

It's Korg World, they tell you to eat lots of crap then sell you expensive and risky medications and now expensive and risky surgeries to overcome the effects of the crap diet.

Meanwhile, in Grok World . . .

Comment

Native Americans that ate a lot of corn weren't healthier than those before who were primarily carnivorous. Modern day examples like the Tarahumara survive almost entirely on nixtamalized (destroys lectins, makes more iron and zinc available) corn and squash, and while they are held up by the cardio crowd as a primal example of distance running (and barefoot, at that), they have constant and horrible dental problems and are fairly tubby.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I would rather be lean/strong than tubby for a variety of reasons, but there is nothing inherently bad about having a small gut especially if you have next to no instances of heart disease, cancer, etc. like the Tarahumara.

Comment

Working...
                  X