Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And another thing! I lied about the Red Wine....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And another thing! I lied about the Red Wine....

So it looks like red wine isn't good for you after all, muhahahahaaa....

Winegate: Red wine health researcher falsified data | Watts Up With That?
    www.paleotrainingbible.com

Just because he falsified data, doesn't mean it isn't good for you. I've seen plenty of other evidence that indicates that it is.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Honestly, whether it's good or not, you'll have to pry my wine bottle out of my cold, dead hands.
      Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
      Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

Comment

Alcohol is good for the soul... End of story

Cheers

Comment

And, if there's any plonk left in that cold bottle I'll be drinking it before I make the call to the mortuary. Burp.
          www.paleotrainingbible.com

Comment

You will not ruin my Friday night. My stein is ready and waiting.
            Start Weight: 265.8
            Current Weight: 234.4
            Leptin Reset started Jan 1, 2014

Comment

No. Red wine is excellent for me. 2-3 cups a couple nights a week keeps my stress down, my sleep up, and is a bit of a pain reliever.

"People ask me why I get drunk all the time. It levels my head and eases my mind." - Bob Dylan.

Comment

I love my red too. But since I've gone fully primal, I've found alcohol makes me feel sick tons quicker. I can't drink more than one or two glasses anymore before it feels like the return of carb flu. Anyone else feel the same?
                Buzz71
                Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
                Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
                Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
                My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

Comment

It doesn't bother me at all. It does affect me quicker, and thus, the amount I drink is less than before. About 8oz once a week (Friday nights).
                  Start Weight: 265.8
                  Current Weight: 234.4
                  Leptin Reset started Jan 1, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz71 View Post
                    I love my red too. But since I've gone fully primal, I've found alcohol makes me feel sick tons quicker. I can't drink more than one or two glasses anymore before it feels like the return of carb flu. Anyone else feel the same?
                    I dont even make it to a glass...2 oz. of red wine and I'm asleep

Comment

well alcohol is poison...
                      Primal Chaos
                      37yo 6'5"
                      6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
                      current 338lbs 49" waist
                      goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz71 View Post
                        YES! Two drinks and I feel nauseated as hell! I think it depends on the quality of booze too.
                        A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

I'm glad others feel the same! On NYE I had a few drinks and felt awful and the host was really offended !
                          Buzz71
                          Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
                          Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
                          Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
                          My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

Comment

Don't worry! Ii've got you ll covered. I drink enough red wine for all of us. I've never noticed any difference in it since going primal. I drink considerably less than I have before, but I can still kill a bottle in a night and be fine the next day. I do it about twice a month.

Comment

Working...
                            X