Macadamia nuts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macadamia nuts

Ok. My husband is in on this suggestion. What kind am I looking for - raw, dry roasted, salted? They tend to be quite costly. Anyone have a suggestion as to where to buy them - stores or on-line is fine.

raw

Comment

Raw. I get them at Bulk Barn (Canada). Yes, they are expensive but compared to all the other snacky crud I used to buy (cereals, crackers, pretzels, etc. that I no longer need b/c PB helps cut down on snacking big time) I figure I'm saving money.
      Female / 5' 8" / 42 / SW: 166 CW: 159
      Journal: Inspired by success story. Working on my own.

My mermish life: ENTER to WIN Real Mermaids Don't Hold Their Breath (until Mar 15)

Comment

Amen to that. You end up saving so much money because you are not preoccupied constantly with eating. like the rest of the populace.

Comment

I found macadamia nuts, raw ones, at my health food store for $7 for a itty bitty bag. The same health food store which was selling huge jars of macadamia nut butter for $10.

I've been indulging in a few spoonfuls every now and again!
          There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

Comment

Raw. Then soak, and roast/salt them yourself. If you have a Trader Joe's nearby they have them, or you could order them from:
            Raw Nuts and Seeds: Nut Price List and Shopping Cart
            $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

Just straight raw is perfect. I thought they were eh at first, but they grow on you. By the way, how old they are really does make a difference. Fresh macadamia nuts have a much nicer taste!
              Check out my blog at www.themedstudentblog.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by tradawg View Post
                Raw. Then soak, and roast/salt them yourself. If you have a Trader Joe's nearby they have them, or you could order them from:
                Raw Nuts and Seeds: Nut Price List and Shopping Cart
                This is truth. Get a dehydrator and dehydrate. Gets rid of the phytates and makes them taste better. YES!

Comment

Working...
                X