No announcement yet.

Survival Week - Feb 7-12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFed until lunch. Just a grilled chicken breast with some veggies and butter for lunch.

Simple row this morning for a workout.

My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

Okay I'm calling it! Did 40 minutes on the treadmill, walking/jogging/sprinting. In Vibrams, and my knee feels great today Can't wait until spring when I can go outside again (I'm a wimp, whatever!).

Had my half apple with 2 tablespoons almond butter pre-workout.

Then dinner was: 5 chicken wings, leftover broccoli/carrot/onion slaw sauteed in butter, a coconut bar, 1 oz pecans, and 2 jalapeno poppers (arg! cream cheese...only 2 tsp though) with 2 extra pieces of bacon. Total carbs 45! Whew!

I'm leaving my almond butter at work this week, that should keep me from going overboard with it!

You are what you eat,
      and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

ended up with 83 carbs today. Cuz I got into the dried apricots when I got home from work. That's okay. It's better than oreos and chips.

No Shred was in the mail <pout>

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmm french onion soup, with melty cheese... and no yucky soggy bread! lol So ya, I did indulge in a bit of mozza cheese with my soup, but I totally slammed another 24 hour IF! It&#39;s getting easier and easier. I think I&#39;m going to have to make myself eat tomorrow though, because I could do this everyday and get into a serious calorie deficit.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
          -John Lennon

Comment

Currently on the homeward stretch of my 24hr(+) IF. Haven&#39;t eaten since about midnight last night, won&#39;t eat until 10am-ish tomorrow morning. There was a rough patch around 3pm, that I managed with an americano and copious amounts of water. I&#39;d assume these get easier the more you do them?!

Comment

IFing breakfast again today, just some black coffee. I am thinking of trying carnivore today, I love meat and have never taken the extra step of cutting out veggies from my meals before. However, when you go carnivore do you cut out butter and all sauces/seasonings and eat strictly the meat?

CC-yeah I found that they get a lot easier after you do a few. For me it was mostly a mental thing, when I got hungry I wanted to eat (CW kicking in and telling me I would go into starvation mode) but after a few fasts it got easier as I acclimated to the feeling.

My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

yesterday was smashing! completed my 2nd ever 24hr fast and dinner was fabOOSH!

today:

B/IF not sure yet but i did bring a HB egg, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 tomato & some raw carrot in case I need the snack. black coffee is a must

L: last of the roast chicken from saturday (i got 4 meals out of it and hubs had 3! good deal for $7) with steamed beet greens, mushroom & EVOO

D: zuke ribbon pasta, EVOO, cauli/brocc

dessert: 1/2 cashew cookie larabar with greek yogurt & a sprinkle of bloobs

workout: yoga or 30 day shred (most likely the yoga since i&#39;ll be outside doing snow gymnastic shovel stylings and i&#39;m still sore from this weekend!)

Comment

My blog

Comment

Today is SNOWY! Blech. I&#39;ll eat somewhere between breakfast and lunch, not sure when though.

B: IF

L: Cabbage rolls and chicken wings (leftover day!)

S before gym: Half an apple with almond butter

D: I think it will be meatballs with marinara and spaghetti squash

WO: Maybe 30 minutes at the gym, easy cardio. Then No More Trouble Spots DVD, it&#39;s another Jillian Michaels video similar to 30-day Shred! It&#39;s a circuit style workout and it&#39;s a toughie.

Then probably some cleaning and knitting

You are what you eat,

Comment

@ ccarrigan, yes it does get easier! You really do hit your stride after a couple of IF&#39;s. #3 was a breeze for me.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
                      -John Lennon

Comment

Yesterday went really well!

Today:

B: protein shake, coffee

I have some chicken to snack on during the morning and a HB egg as well

L: cabbage rolls

More chicken to snack on this afternoon right before my workout

D: I&#39;m thinking mashed cauliflower and maybe a little chicken

WOD:

3x3 back squat

THEN:

4 Rounds

30 Kettlebell Swings (53#/35#)

50 Double Unders

Then, I am going to end in sprints and possibly practice my pull-ups.

Comment

It&#39;s good to know my energy levels won&#39;t be so brutal the next time I try a 24hr fast. Thanks for the feedback guys.

I broke the fast at 8:30 this morning so in total is was about 32 hours (most of that sleeping time)

Besides the 3pm rough patch, it was actually not too bad.

Plus I got to break it with 1/3 of a roast chicken! Haha.

Today

02/09/2010

B-1.5 cups Roast Chicken, Americano with 2tbsp cream

L-1 cup roast chicken, 1 can tuna, 1tbsp olive oil, spices

D-IF

I had swim practice this morning, which went really well. I had hit a wall in the last couple of weeks and was feeling really frustrated, but seemed to have a small break through today. Also lifted weights after swimming, and since my back injury have been trying to get back into it, but can&#39;t seem to establish a good routine.

Comment

3 eggs in coco oil, 2 bunless cheeseburgers with pickles and tomato, cottage cheese, kalua pork

Nothing else to report.

Comment

You&#39;ll get Shred soon DC!!! Can&#39;t wait to hear what you think of it after P90X.

You are what you eat,

Comment

I&#39;m sure it will be in my mailbox this afternoon. Very excited.

Comment

Working...
                                X