Have you experienced...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you experienced...

Eating low carb Paleo diet to lose BF and see no change, or eating Paleo but increasing carbs with a sweet potato to reduce last of unwanted BF, but see no change? I've tried both ways with no visual change.

Stubborn body fat!

Any ideas to rid of the stubborn fat?
    I am male/6''174 lbs. and do crossfit 3-4 times a week and am moderately busy in my daily tasks. Eat between 1600-2200 cals a day.

Things that might work:
    Eat a wider variety of carb sources, including fruit.
    Stop doing Crossfit more than once a week.
    Eat the bulk of your food in the morning and early afternoon, with nothing in the evening or something very light and not sweet.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Reduce the CrossFit, don't eat after 7 pm, tune in your sleep so you get 8hours prnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
        Things that might work:
        Eat a wider variety of carb sources, including fruit.
        Stop doing Crossfit more than once a week.
        Eat the bulk of your food in the morning and early afternoon, with nothing in the evening or something very light and not sweet.
        While increasing carb sources with fruit, do you suggest decreasing good fats and protein to balance the cal intake?
        Reducing Crossfit workouts, guess I'll do some light forms of exercise to raise the metabolism.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

So are you suggesting less crossfit would reduce the chances of raised cortisol?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
            So are you suggesting less crossfit would reduce the chances of raised cortisol?
            I think it would help. Do some walking instead.

Comment

Me too recommend walking as it is one of the best way to reduce your weight if not try some yoga exercise which makes your healthy too.

Comment

6' 174lbs...that's pretty dang skinny already... how much are you trying to lose?

Comment

Originally posted by jspradley View Post
                  6' 174lbs...that's pretty dang skinny already... how much are you trying to lose?
                  Not trying to lose weight at all. There is BF around the navel and love handles that I would love to lose! Tried IF til noon, reduced carbs, losing weight, reduced workouts while just lifting weights, increased food intake, eating less carbs on light workout/no workouts days, and increased carbs while reducing fat on workout days. The results are the same. Sure would like to push the right button to get my body to release the fat.

Comment

6 foot and 174 with complaints about body fat tells me you are skinny fat. You don't' have the calorie intake needed to support your workouts and activity level. You are burning up muscle for energy.
                    Last edited by pyro13g; 01-15-2012, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pyro13g View Post
                      6 foot and 174 with complaints about body fat tells me you are skinny fat. You don't' have the calorie intake needed to support your workouts and activity level. You are burning up muscle for energy.
                      Maybe you are correct but when calorie intake is increased, I , naturally, gain weight, and the BF increases too. That confuses me when this happens (increased BF) and I'm not sure where to go next.

So where does a fellow go to from here?

Comment

I kid. A little. But seriously, when you increase calories, are you really gaining body fat, or just looking at the numbers on a scale?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                          While increasing carb sources with fruit, do you suggest decreasing good fats and protein to balance the cal intake?
                          Calories don't matter so much. Just eat wholesome, natural food. And yes, I would put a few hours between a high carb meal and a high fat meal.

Reducing Crossfit workouts, guess I'll do some light forms of exercise to raise the metabolism.
                          So, you've been at this whole paleo/PB thing for a while, I guess, and you have a good idea what it's about. Now maybe you need to forget everything you've learned and listen to your body. Move around because you feel like it, not because you think you ought to in order to raise metabolism or whatever. If you are craving sweets, eat fruit until the craving is satisfied. If you are really craving some dairy but aren't sure about dairy because Mark is unsure about dairy, just eat it.

The truth is most of us have no freaking clue what we're talking about and present anecdotal evidence as fact, myself included. But I look and feel much better since I stopped giving a damn about how much I exercise, macronutrient ratios, fructose, and everything else.
                          You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Calories don't matter so much. Just eat wholesome, natural food. And yes, I would put a few hours between a high carb meal and a high fat meal.

So, you've been at this whole paleo/PB thing for a while, I guess, and you have a good idea what it's about. Now maybe you need to forget everything you've learned and listen to your body. Move around because you feel like it, not because you think you ought to in order to raise metabolism or whatever. If you are craving sweets, eat fruit until the craving is satisfied. If you are really craving some dairy but aren't sure about dairy because Mark is unsure about dairy, just eat it.

The truth is most of us have no freaking clue what we're talking about and present anecdotal evidence as fact, myself included. But I look and feel much better since I stopped giving a damn about how much I exercise, macronutrient ratios, fructose, and everything else.
                            This is very good advice- I tend to agree... The longer I do primal the more I see it's a very individual thing.

Comment

The truth is most of us have no freaking clue what we're talking about and present anecdotal evidence as fact, myself included.
                              Ain't that the truth...

But I look and feel much better since I stopped giving a damn about how much I exercise, macronutrient ratios, fructose, and everything else.
                              Oh, this bit fell off

This also. Try just eating what feels right (regarding the amounts, not scarfing donuts or twinkies) for a while and listen to your body rather than counting cals and eating how many you think you should. Lots of us have to learn what our hunger signals really are, personally after switching to primal I found it hard to eat enough to keep weight on because I just don't feel as hungry. I was, it's just that the signals are so much less than when I used to crash after not eating for 2 or 3 hours.
                              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Working...
                              X