Seen at my grocery store

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seen at my grocery store

So last night as I'm picking up coconut milk, locally canned cabbage, local pickles, and green tea, I noticed an interesting item in the impulse buy rack at the register:
    Primal Strips<sup></sup> - Flavor Details - Primal Strips - Meatless Vegan Jerky - Primal Spirit Foods - Home of the Primal People

The "stuff" is filled with wheat, soy and sugar.....is there such a thing as vegan primal?

Comment

Primal? isn't that false advertizing? Tofu jerky

Comment

The first time I saw these at my natural grocers around the corner I was super excited, until I read the packaging. It was totally stuck in with the normal meat jerky, TOTAL let down
        Erin
        Daily Vlogs
        Primal Pets Blog

Comment

I used to eat those all the time when I was vegan. Tasty, but the ones I liked best were 99% gluten (that's what "seitan" is). Some other ones were 99% soy instead. Overall BAD.
          Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
          Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
          More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
          LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
          Play more!

Comment

I had the same series of reactions as Meadow. I saw them in the snack isle, thought "SWEET, Primal snack food!! " and then my hopes were dashed. Gross. Thank God I'm a label reader now or I would have gotten all the way through the checkout before spotting the "vegan" part. Hell, I'd be better off eating a candy bar - chocolate doesn't contain gluten.

Primal Vegan? Oxymoron?
            Last edited by Merry Death; 01-13-2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X