Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the more I dig, the more confused it get...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote]

How does that invalidate the D Council's arguments? No one's saying supplementation is required; they're simply saying Vitamin D - however one obtains it - is important, even vital. Do you dispute that?

Europeans have fair skin for a reason.
    </blockquote>

And I guess Eskimo&#39;s and the Chukchi have darker skin because they live in the tropics compared to Europeans?

I never said sunlight is not important. There&#39;s plenty of evidence that it is.

I said:
    [quote]

You won&#39;t need any vitamin D supplements on ZC
    </blockquote>

I&#39;m glad we both agree that supplementation is not required. That was my point.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Comment

maybe if you&#39;re a guy. women appear to have much more diversity in their nutritive needs and may well require supplementation even if they are ZC.

Comment

As they function completely differently and have such different metabolic pathways?

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
        Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )

Comment

being a scandinavian white carnivore female i just have to comment:

tarlach, ive usually agreed w ur comments but on this dvit issue:

yes women have quite different hormonal pathways and as we all agree here, enocrinology is quite important and the controller behind our metabolism.

challenge yourself
          i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

Eva> You avatar makes it look like you get some sun, so what&#39;s your point?

Do you actually believe you are vitD deficient? and if so, why?

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Comment

Tarlach, the comparison with CSPI is not apt. Their agendas are quite dissimilar, and unlike CSPI, the available research does seem to support the Vit D Council's narrowly focused position. And given the current state of grant funding, I assure you that no one is getting wealthy over there, LOL.

Are you trying to avoid doing some work with your brain? I'm finding your diversionary tactics tedious. Go do some reading on vitamin D. Watch the Holick video, or go read the links I posted in the other thread on supplementation (which I'm assuming you STILL haven't read), or go find your own research that you believe will support your position. Hint: Peter's blog entry does not, nor does your misinterpretation of that study you Googled and posted to the supplementation thread. Then come back and we can talk.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ts-do-you-take

Comment

Even I have noticed that ever since I have switched to LC my skin is feeling much dryer.

Never had this kind of dry skin before.

It took me about 3-6 days to adjust to LC and after that it was all perfectly fine.

Comment

Pikaia> I have read about vitamin D. It is required from Sunlight. Supplements are not required if you eat enough meat (hence the article I posted).

I see your still banging on about the latest fad. I&#39;m just not as naive as you are.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Comment

Tarlach, Peter never said that meat could provide enough vitamin D for optimal health, nor have you provided any substantive evidence to support that assertion. Is your thinking really so inflexible that you can&#39;t understand the distinction?

You are being childish. You refuse to read/view any of the links I provide, and then you refuse to provide any support of your own position.

Comment

The Chukchi and Eskimo do perfectly well with darker skin and limited sun exposure. Both are almost completely carnivorous.

Do they require vitamin D supplements?

How does living proof (tribes that do not suffer the diseases of civilization) not count as evidence?

* and I have read you links, they aren&#39;t very relevant to a VLC paleo diet.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Comment

Traditionally those populations are thought to have been vitamin D sufficient. Now, on a modern diet, not so much. Their ancestors are thought to have obtained their vitamin D from chewing/consuming animal skins and eating copious amounts of fish and seal oil.

Do you chew animal skins and liberally apply fish and seal oil to your food? If not, you&#39;ll be needing either sunlight or a supplement.

Comment

Ah, so they only have problems on a modern diet.

Such was my point.

Lets leave the rest of the guesswork out shall we.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Comment

"and I have read you links, they aren&#39;t very relevant to a VLC paleo diet."

Please explain exactly how they are irrelevant.

It is funny that you say that, given that both of the bloggers I linked to are paleo-diet friendly, and neither is opposed to VLC.

Comment

"Lets leave the rest of the guesswork out shall we."

What guesswork? Are you saying that you chew skins and pour seal oil on your food?

Comment

The Chukchi don&#39;t have access to fish or seals. As I said - guesswork about vitamin D sources.

It is simply consumption of meat (animal fat), as mentioned earlier.

And I do eat skin. Don&#39;t you?

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Comment

Working...
                                X