X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seen at local WalMart

Buying grub, and saw this sign:

"Attention Parents! Aisle 19 is Candy Free"

So I went down Aisle 19 to checkout. NO junk food to tempt kids and parents. Comics, magazines, yo yos, trinket toys, whistles, hair scrunchies, etc, but no candy. Neat deal and I went out of my way to thank the checker and stopped by the customer service counter to give a positive mention as well.

That's funny! How about "the perimeter of the store is candy-free"?

Comment

Our local Wegman's has a couple of those. It's just full of coloring books instead.

Yeah, doesn't do much good for the rest of the store though.

Comment

Wellll, I'd wager that 90% of the products for sale in the *rest* of the store are decidedly NOT Primal approved.

Comment

...does this mean that ALL the other aisles are full of candy?

But yeah, one free aisle is better than none

Comment

What should you just say "here kiddos stay in this aisle until mommy/daddy is done shopping!"

I dont get it.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

I think it's referring to the cash register line, not the aisle in the store. Most of the stores around here have at least one line like that, where people can buy their stuff without the kiddies screaming and reaching for the candy.

Comment

Ahhh that woud make more sense!

Sometimes I astound my self with my lack of putting the pieces together. Yeesh.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

It doesn't make any sense otherwise. Heck, I wouldn't expect to find candy if I was shopping in the men's underwear department!

Comment

Like I said. I astound myself. Haha. Ehhhh...

Comment

Thanks dragonmamma, now I get it.

Comment

[quote]

Seen at local WalMart</blockquote>

I thought this was going to be a link to

peopleofwalmart.com

Comment

Meanwhile, my Wal-Mart has announcements like,

"Why not drop by McDonald&#39;s for a nice, fresh cinnabun? Warm and fluffy, they&#39;re topped with gooey icing. They are delicious. Come on, try one."

No joke, they actually said, "Come on, try one." The first bite&#39;s free, right?

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

As someone who&#39;s worked as a cashier, I can attest to the fact that parents often end up buying candy for their kids because it&#39;s displayed right by the checkout counter.

It&#39;s pretty depressing how undisciplined so many kids are...

Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

I was in the walmart here too (the same one mentioned before) and it was hilarious because I realized I avoided nearly every aisle. There is no need for about 90% of the crap in there, if they would only use that money for better produce we&#39;d be in business!

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X